Company: East African Data Handlers
Position: Data Recovery Engineer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
3 Position Available
We are looking for a Data Recovery Engineer who has good understanding of industry standards, data recovery logic, software and hardware tools used for systems diagnose and repair of customer hard drives with ability to analyses logical data structures modules. Overall good knowledge of electronics, the handling and diagnostics of electronic components with multimeters, oscilloscopes and ROM chipset programming skills.
Should have advanced familiarity with the principles and the workings of ATA and SCSI storage devices and the use of Data Recovery Tools and other complex tools for service area (SA) access and programming.
This individual will use electronic communication to give timely and accurate job statuses. In addition, this individual will use oral communication to explain situations to co-workers and sales staff. The engineer will be proactive in seeking all information necessary for the successful completion of the recovery process. Must be self-motivated independent thinker with good analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work independently to resolve problems on your own while prioritizing time sensitive projects.
This position has exciting growth opportunities for disciplined quick learning hardware and software gurus or recent 4 year computer science or electrical Engineer graduates.
Ideal candidates for this position:
- Must have strong work ethic, initiative focused with high energy level and desire to be part of creating a world-class team. High degree of integrity, professionalism, and discretion required.
- Must be self-directed and work independently toward objectives with a sense of urgency. Must be organized and detail oriented with a genuine commitment to exceed expectations.
- Assume ‘front line - accountability for case problem resolution.
- Proficiency and familiarity with Windows, Mac, Linux, UNIX, Novell OS platforms.
- Must be able to work independently and research problems and questions as required.
- Take responsibility and ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines.
- Consistently arrives at work on time and stays focused on projects throughout the day.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good judgment, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
Expected Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electronic failures on customer's storage devices as necessary.
- Properly use and understand Software and hardware tools needed for data recovery.
- Communicate status of data recovery jobs to sales representatives, and record work that is performed and needed in both written and oral communications.
- Keep work area neat and orderly.
- Identify faulty hardware, and repair equipment if possible or properly escalate to repair path.
- Must have the ability to study, research and learn on their own in order to update themselves with new emerging technologies in the market.
- 2+ year of professional data recovery experience OR advanced 4 year computer science, electrical engineering degree.
- Knowledge in working with world class data recovery tools including but not limited to PC-3000, HRT, MRT.
- Head change skills
- PCB Repair
- Strong math skills.
- Strong computer hardware and software background
Salary: Starting from 2000 USD (NET Salary) (Salary can be further discussed as per qualification and experience)
- Work visa sponsorship is provided
- Accommodation with a fully furnished apartment.
- Annual Leave: 21 days
- Sick Leave: 30 days
- All the travel allowances
- Company transportation
- Medical cover for the engineer and the family (If applicable)
Data Handlers offers a great working environment amongst an amazing team of people. You will be exposed to a huge array of IT storage infrastructures and businesses with great career potential.
Qualified candidates should submit their applications on or before 3rd July 2015 to email@example.com