Switch to full style
Employment offers and CVs - related to the data recovery and forensic markets
Post a reply

Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 25th, 2018, 13:42

Hello to all.

I am trying to fix a PCB, and flash the correct ROM too it, if anyone is willing to help me i am offering $100us.

Please PM if you are interested.

Thanks.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 25th, 2018, 16:51

Buy a complete working donor HDD, flash the patient's ROM to it, then transfer the donor's PCB to the patient HDD. That should cost much less than US$100.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 25th, 2018, 17:57

Hello,

I know, still would like some help to do the process faster.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 8:03

With PC3000 you can write ROM using COM port.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 9:20

pclab wrote:With PC3000 you can write ROM using COM port.


I know, but... its to do it manually, also needs to be done using boot code mode, cause PCB is bricked.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 15:18

A new PCB from any decent provider should cost $50 USD or less with free ROM programming assuming you do still have the original ROM code.

Can you post the PCB number ? Both the sticker and the number engraved on the PCB ?

I will check if i do have a PCB for you and i will copy the ROM for you (assuming you do have original ROM file).

PCB from me is $5 USD + $10 USD shippiing costs (you can check my eBay store) as long as i do have the PCB that you need (i do have many WD PCBs).

:D

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 15:18

LoboX wrote:Hello,

I know, still would like some help to do the process faster.


Use EXPRESS shipping instead of standard shipping when buying the new PCB !!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 15:24

To be honest at this point in time there shouldn't be any reason for you to mess up a PCB like that .... Majority of WD problems will not be PCB related and if you were able to dump te native ROM for me it means that the PCB was working prior for you to somehow write wrong/damaged ROM to it ....

What did you use to write the ROM and damage the PCB ?

Many years ago with software only chineseware like older versions of chinese WDR i did manage to damage some PCBs with wrong ROM but since i did get my HRT card back in 2015 i did NEVER EVER AGAIN damaged a SINGLE ROM !!! Not only i do have care when checking what ROM i'm writting but also my card doesn't allow for the software to write garbage or for the system to access the drive when writing ROM.

I did even wrote some not compatible ROM images sometimes (from same family) and ended up re-writing the correct ROM simply by ATA in kernel mode. No big deal as long as you don't mess it up big time ...

So your request is a little bit odd as you have been on the data recovery field for a while now and you did recover many drives over the years ...

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 16:07

Hello,

Good to know that you have an ebay store, will check yiur store.

Thanks.

Spildit wrote:A new PCB from any decent provider should cost $50 USD or less with free ROM programming assuming you do still have the original ROM code.

Can you post the PCB number ? Both the sticker and the number engraved on the PCB ?

I will check if i do have a PCB for you and i will copy the ROM for you (assuming you do have original ROM file).

PCB from me is $5 USD + $10 USD shippiing costs (you can check my eBay store) as long as i do have the PCB that you need (i do have many WD PCBs).

:D

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 16:21

Ok !!!

If the PCB number is the one you send me on PM check here :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digita ... 2868899687

This PCB is 701444 as well.

I will charge $5 for the PCB plust $10 for international standard shipping.

If you are in a hurry i can send by EMS (express mail) but it will be more expensive.

If you mail me your ROM dump i will write it to the PCB prior to shipping.

This will solve your problem.

Of course don't even think about writing ROM to it again using the chinese crapp that you did use to brick the original PCB.

Just confirm that the other numbers of the PCB are the same.

I'm also providing my ROM dump.

Have a nice day.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 26th, 2018, 16:22

I have more PCBs if you want to and i will re-programm ROM at my end prior to shipping if you provide ROM dumps !

Let me know if you eed other PCBs !

:D

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 8:54

Hello

Hi Spildit the PCB# is 2060-701444-004 REVA, good to know that you have PCB to sell.

Cheers.

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 15:19

LoboX wrote:Hello

Hi Spildit the PCB# is 2060-701444-004 REVA, good to know that you have PCB to sell.

Cheers.


The one i have for sale is exactly the same. Check eBay listing !

If you want the PCB upload your ROM image so that i can write it to my PCB and buy it from eBay.

It will be cheaper than $100 ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 15:33

LoboX wrote:Hello to all.

I am trying to fix a PCB, and flash the correct ROM too it, if anyone is willing to help me i am offering $100us.

Please PM if you are interested.

Thanks.


Post the ROM file, buy the PCB from eBay and you can pay me the money to make the totality 0f $100 that you did offer using this : - https://www.paypal.me/Spildit

Guess i will get $100 this time.

You will get your PCB in some days and you will be good to go. Just don't forget to post your ROM image unless you want to brick the "new" PCB as well using your chineseware tools ...

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 15:34

Happy Happy !!!

This time i'm goint to earn some $$$ from LoboX.

Oh ... and don't forget the positive feedback !

:D

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 16:37

Spildit wrote:Happy Happy !!!

This time i'm goint to earn some $$$ from LoboX.

Oh ... and don't forget the positive feedback !

:D



Hahaha don't you will get the positive feedback :)

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 27th, 2018, 17:31

If you need the PCB just buy it on eBay and post the ROM here or mail it to me so that i can write it to the PCB prior to shipping.

:twisted:

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 28th, 2018, 16:49

So ... did you end up fixing up the PCB with U-Command or something like that ?

You didn't buy the one that i'm selling so i guess that (once again) you either did get away with a free fix or you were not able to recover the drive ?

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 29th, 2018, 21:18

Heya Spildit

Haven’t been able to sit and do it actually, still need to try and unbrick the PCB.

Thanks.

Spildit wrote:So ... did you end up fixing up the PCB with U-Command or something like that ?

You didn't buy the one that i'm selling so i guess that (once again) you either did get away with a free fix or you were not able to recover the drive ?

Re: Need help to restore a bricked WD PCB

December 30th, 2018, 9:32

Hi there !!!

I did get the $100 by paypal ! Cool !!!

If you post the ROM of your PCB i will write it to mine (the one i do have for sale) and will ship it to you for free (i did get your $100 USD after all)...

Just send the ROM or post it here.

It will be way faster and safer than recovering the bricked PCB ...

You can try with the U-Command, etc but if you can't fix it you can also attempt to populate some resistors + external ROM chip but at this point it's a waste of time.

My PCB is fully compatible with your drive. I just need your ROM code to write to it so that you will not mess another PCB with your chinese crapp tools ....

Also it's nice to do business with you again ! Hopefully we will be able to team up on 2019 for some real data recovery cases ! I do need some extra $$$ to buy some extra tools so ...

Have a nice new year full of data recovery tasks and a huge amount of clients !

:D
Post a reply