Switch to full style
Discussions related to DFL tools: general chat, firmware requests
Post a reply

How are Dolphin tools in general?

March 27th, 2015, 22:17

Would like to know how your experience has been with Dolphin tools? Are they like Salvation which never worked well or are they as good as "Deepspar" or even Atola?

Re: How are Dolphin tools in general?

March 27th, 2015, 22:54

Not sure that's a good comparison.
Tooo many things to take into account.
Have to more specific.

March 27th, 2015, 22:57

With drive with some bad sectors is Dolphin able to recover well? I had Data Compass years ago and it never worked well.

What isDolphin good for? What are some good benefits

March 28th, 2015, 9:19

they are very good stuff and very help full . and they develop there tools contentiously. very good support also and free update

April 4th, 2015, 17:46

there is always spies around so real members wont talk about the tools
this is what i been told

as for better then atola or deepspar no way

atola products are very well made and is my choice of tool

April 4th, 2015, 18:02

Overall, for its price, DFL is good. Its limitations are in variety of drives support (though they are expanding) and from what I heard the imaging is a bit more limited than the top dogs.

One advantage over all other tools is portability though.

April 7th, 2015, 20:42

do not buy DFL , there is no support , you send email does not get solution of Mr Stanley ! There is no future for this tool is another salvation data no future !

April 7th, 2015, 20:51

SalvationData and HDRC taught me a powerful lesson about quality and reliability. Don't buy data recovery tools from China or India. They tend to bite you in the arse when you need them most.

June 20th, 2015, 23:31

you mean the new division of salvation data

June 26th, 2015, 14:12

Just sold all our dolphin tools if that means anything.

June 26th, 2015, 14:24

wksk wrote:Just sold all our dolphin tools if that means anything.

Without stating why you sold them, it doesn't mean much, IMHO. Why did you sell them?

June 26th, 2015, 14:26

thatdellguy wrote:SalvationData and HDRC taught me a powerful lesson about quality and reliability. Don't buy data recovery tools from China or India. They tend to bite you in the arse when you need them most.

Wonderful words of wisdom from "thatdellguy" to live by.

June 26th, 2015, 18:07

Yes, just knowing that these guys top engineers came from Salvation Data is all the info I need.

While they may show some promise at the moment, it'll likely turn into a "pump and dump" later when initial sales cool off and free updates starts to cost them profits. And, they'll just re-name the company again.

June 28th, 2018, 16:19

Things are way too different now.
Let me put things in perspective for every one

DFL- Does a good level of firmware jobs ( WD + Seagate ,unlocks seagate terminal too successfully and gets things done for you at great price)

DeepSpar- The king of Imagers.

RapidSpar- Good for small to moderately big setups. Does some level of FW fixing also nicely + an imager too, what more do I want in life ?

combination of all three with all the helpful folks at this fourm and other forums across the internet = lovely time.

Do not underestimate the capabilities of DFL. It has made me not buy PC3k for FW fix at least 3 times! :D

--

June 28th, 2018, 16:36

Try actually working with a PC-3000 for six months, then see if you can survive going back to DFL or any other tool. Once you've worked with a tool that really works, there's just no substitute.

Can you frame a house with just a hammer? Sure. But, once you get used to working with a pneumatic nail gun, it's hard going back to just using a hammer.

June 28th, 2018, 16:42

You have a good point here. The day I get that much of money to afford PC3k. May be when the next fixed deposit is done, I can take an overdraft loan against the deposit and invest here.
So far, I am deeply humbled by the folks at DeepSpar. Their entire team and Serge has been very kind to me.
Any day for Imaging, one should buy DDI instantly (same thing goes for PC3k too for FW)

--
Last edited by sin on June 28th, 2018, 16:47, edited 1 time in total.

June 28th, 2018, 16:46

But so far, 99% of my WD cases get solved with DFL. So thats where the question begins. If the work throughput is not that high or possibly with less paying clients, DFL offers a working solution for a little less and stuff really works.

It is as good as a debate between yamaha m7cl or a digidesign venue sc48.

Yamaha being analogus to DFL and digidesign being analogus to PC3k.
--

June 28th, 2018, 16:51

Yeah, I'm not saying you can't get cases done with it. I'm just saying that it's much easier and faster with a tool like PC-3000.

I haven't worked with DFL much at all to be honest. I've tried helping guys solve cases using MRT at times and I'm constantly frustrated. There's just so many things I can do in two seconds with PC-3000 that takes 20 steps to do in MRT.

June 28th, 2018, 16:51

Spildit wrote:I think that you can get away without PC-3000 for the majority of firmware fixes.

Big advantage of PC-3000 would be the support for the newer drives and firmware access / unlocking on modern drives like Seagate with locked terminal, etc ... Also ACE keeps PC-3000 updated most likely faster than other tools. Other tools most likely will check what PC-3000 do to update themselfs...

But if you are working with outdated drives or doing stuff like refurb used drives you can get awaye without PC-3000 as long as you do "avoid" the drives that your tools do not support....

Exactly mi amigos, India is not having influx of new series of drives. People are already disliking seagate slim (LM) drives here as they fail in weeks of purchase date.

we are back by atleast 7-10 years before the new drives or higher capacity drives shall kick in on a massive level after atleast 3-4 years ie at domestic level with each PC /laptop having the latest drive.
so DFL is going to be in business for some time here.

--

June 28th, 2018, 16:53

Spildit, I am not on a suicide mission. I get super confused with MRT.
DFL is so simple in comparison
Post a reply