Switch to full style
Anything related to computer forensics (new section!)
Post a reply

Forensic Certification / Training Needs

August 7th, 2015, 19:47

I have been involved in DR for a few years and want to expand my knowledge into Forensics. I would therefore like to take a Certified Computer Forensic Examiners course (or similar). There seems to be a lot of companies who offer the final exam (CCFE or similar) but not much in the way of training. I have read some people have not been happy with service from InfoSec/IACRB (don't know why). I am currently studying the 'File System Forensic Analysis' book by Brian Carrier.

Any other good publications/training companies I can look at?
Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

Re: Forensic Certification / Training Needs

August 7th, 2015, 20:45

Hi, Look at SANS http://www.sans.org/

August 8th, 2015, 4:29

CCFP certification from SANS

August 8th, 2015, 15:22

There is another textbook called "Forensic Computing: A Practitioner's Guide" by Tony Sammes and Brian Jenkinson. I just purchased this book mainly for its very detailed chapter on NTFS, but it is a decent companion to Carrier's book. Many of the forensics training and certs are product specific, i.e. Guidance Software, Cellebrite, etc. E.C. Council has a course and certification called the "Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator." http://www.eccouncil.org/certification/ ... vestigator

August 9th, 2015, 17:51

Thank you guys. Your input is much appreciated :D

August 18th, 2015, 14:07

Hi ddrecovery,

I've been studying for "FOR508:Advanced Digital Forensics and Incident Response" at SANS. It's awesome knowledge providing you know the basics of windows forensics and some hacking techniques that can prove useful along the way!

August 18th, 2015, 14:36

DRUG wrote:Hi ddrecovery,

I've been studying for "FOR508:Advanced Digital Forensics and Incident Response" at SANS. It's awesome knowledge providing you know the basics of windows forensics and some hacking techniques that can prove useful along the way!

Thanks DRUG, I am thinking of FOR408 and FOR508. However its lots of money :(

February 29th, 2016, 11:41

https://www.isfce.com/index.html

you can take online course if you want, but it will be very hard.

i took the online training but i didn't pass the test :cry:

March 8th, 2016, 6:26

ddrecovery wrote:
DRUG wrote:Hi ddrecovery,

Thanks DRUG, I am thinking of FOR408 and FOR508. However its lots of money :(

Well, it is indeed a lot of money, but INFOSEC/FORENSICS are expensive areas. Don't even bother to look at live classes, 3 days goes as high as 10k.
Post a reply