All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can anyone advice me about Fix my pictures?
PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 3:02 

Hello.
I make an image from my HDD partition and Use "UFSexplorer" , "TestDisk" and "R-Studio" for open ".img" file and recovery it But, These tools can't recover my data. For example, They recover some "JPG" files but I can't open them and when I want to make a preview, "R-Studio" show me Hex viewer. Any idea to fix it?

I attached some photos.

Thank you.

Attachments:
PP-2.png
PP-2.png [ 56.93 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]
PP.png
PP.png [ 88.95 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]

Post subject: Re: Can anyone advice me about Fix my pictures?
PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 6:51 

Looks like the files were deleted and/or overwritten, the hex view shows it's not valid data for a jpeg.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 6:59 

Thus, Recover it is impossible?
Other JPG files that have not red mark are same problem :(

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 9:13 

Is the drive ok ?
Why are you using the recovery tools on it ?
Did you format the partition, just deleted the files or did you write to the partition with deleted files ?

Looks like you don't have valid data/header for a JPG.
Might be because you have written to the same partition from where you deleted the data, and if you didn't do so and the partition just disapeared then you might have a drive problem.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 9:28 

hack3rcon wrote:
Thus, Recover it is impossible?
Other JPG files that have not red mark are same problem :(

Hi ,
Were Are You From " Space " ? .Let Us Know And Might Be Someone Locally Can Help .If Help is Not Coming Here

My Data Recovery Experiments - > https://www.facebook.com/chandigarhdatarecovery

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 12:50 

Spildit wrote:
Is the drive ok ?
Why are you using the recovery tools on it ?
Did you format the partition, just deleted the files or did you write to the partition with deleted files ?

Looks like you don't have valid data/header for a JPG.
Might be because you have written to the same partition from where you deleted the data, and if you didn't do so and the partition just disapeared then you might have a drive problem.

Unfortunately, The HDD is not OK and have some hardware problems. I used "partimage" tools for create an image from my partition and open .img file via "TestDisk" and...but the result is that you can see.
Some files can open and most of them can't. File have good size but not opened :(

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 17:47 

- Do not use partimage. Use hardware assisted cloning tool instead. If you use partimage make sure you don't use a compressed format. If you compreess the image or use the other options to make the image smaller like cutting the size that is empty of the disk on the image file then the image will not be an exact bit by bit copy of the problematic drive and tools like r-studio will not work as they should with the image.

- If you don't have hardware imager like DDI4, PC-3000 or MRT DE, DRE, whatever, you can try to clone the entire drive with ddrescue and recover with the r-studio or getdataback on the clone.

- You must be sure that the problematic drive can be read at all. You must certify yourself that all heads are reading as well. Simple scan with victoria or mhdd on random part of the drive should confirm that the drive can be read for some amout of LBA and big patched of the drive can be cloned (for all heads) whithout issue. If you can only scan for a little bit without errors and you get a patch of bad blocks and you go to the middle of the drive and the same pattern is displayed then you can assume that one or more heads are gone and can't be read at all. If so STOP and send the drive to a pro for evaluation.

- Of course you should send the drive to someone with hardware cloning device to start with and make sure that the drive is responding correctly to reading. Some WD can suffer from the slow problem and some seagate will have pending bugs, etc, etc ... a professional with the correct set of tools (and/or knowledge) will deal with that and then clone the drive.

- What is the full model of your drive ?

- If you do want to go the do-it-yourself route then your best bet is ddrescue or prosoft media tools and then run your tools agains a real clone ...