All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Android Lock Screen bypass
PostPosted: December 21st, 2016, 6:06 

Dear Forensic Experts,

Am addressing this question to the experts who OWN any of the Forensic Solutions and people with experience with their tools.

the Question is:

How FAST can you unlock ANY Android device? (Pattern/Numbers) <-- (How fast in Minutes.)

to add some challenge here, USB Debugging is OFF, Mobile in FLIGHT MODE and Regardless of the Android version

Thank you
:wink: :idea:

Post subject: Re: Android Lock Screen bypass
PostPosted: December 21st, 2016, 8:19 

Forgot to mention.

Profile info. will be updated in few days. <<-- Ref. last reply: https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=100
:wink:

PostPosted: December 30th, 2016, 13:42 

Few approach for this:
BF attack - check Times for example on xpinclip.com but phone need to suport OTG, if NO OTG enabled we can use our adapter which is not available for public but can work on all phones even on those with physical keys - time depednds here mainly on code lenght and "luck". Can work even on 6.x phones but older verion where counter not increase - takes from 1 to even 200 hours

Special BL - on some phones we using UFED 4PC to get dump by uploding specially bootloader and getting dump from phone - then you can get HASH and SALT directly from dump or read Pattern from rainbow table... or use UFED parser from PA to get phone or even password - takes 30 minutes to read dump..can suport also 6.x but usually need root and BL cannot be locked

Special service Intefaces/Dongles - there are many of them which can read eMMC ...fastest method are for MTK but also Speadstrum CPUs can be nowadays readed too - support all

iSP eMMC - using this method if both up are not possible - if we got ISP eMMC pinout within 20-30 minutes up to few hours (including time needed to open it and connect using VR-Table), this are needed to get dump and get a PIN, Password from file and decrypt SHA. If pinout need to be found then around 1 day includin time needed to find it

Chip-off - takes around 20-30 minutes to get chip from phone, read it 20-30 minutes , reball and put back...totally almost half of day....

Overally - there are no common answer - give me exactly phone model and I will try to give you answer ;)

--
Boguslaw Rzepka
multi-com.eu

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 3:52 

Tomorrow will show you how to do it in less than a min. (for new android phones 5.0+) and about a minute an half in older versions.
without a PC or App.
our coming product for 2017
:> :wink:

Bolo wrote:
Few approach for this:
BF attack - check Times for example on xpinclip.com but phone need to suport OTG, if NO OTG enabled we can use our adapter which is not available for public but can work on all phones even on those with physical keys - time depednds here mainly on code lenght and "luck". Can work even on 6.x phones but older verion where counter not increase - takes from 1 to even 200 hours

Special BL - on some phones we using UFED 4PC to get dump by uploding specially bootloader and getting dump from phone - then you can get HASH and SALT directly from dump or read Pattern from rainbow table... or use UFED parser from PA to get phone or even password - takes 30 minutes to read dump..can suport also 6.x but usually need root and BL cannot be locked

Special service Intefaces/Dongles - there are many of them which can read eMMC ...fastest method are for MTK but also Speadstrum CPUs can be nowadays readed too - support all

iSP eMMC - using this method if both up are not possible - if we got ISP eMMC pinout within 20-30 minutes up to few hours (including time needed to open it and connect using VR-Table), this are needed to get dump and get a PIN, Password from file and decrypt SHA. If pinout need to be found then around 1 day includin time needed to find it

Chip-off - takes around 20-30 minutes to get chip from phone, read it 20-30 minutes , reball and put back...totally almost half of day....

Overally - there are no common answer - give me exactly phone model and I will try to give you answer ;)

--
Boguslaw Rzepka
multi-com.eu

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 11:47 

Well,
So Many GSM Boxes Out There Have Such Features ,Whats New In It [ even If You Can Do It ]

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 12:33 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
Well,
So Many GSM Boxes Out There Have Such Features ,Whats New In It [ even If You Can Do It ]

Am wondering if you READ the FULL statement here, specially the part which says: without a PC or App.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 13:12 

In my opinion without PC or App it's not a problem - no many people care about this if we are talking about forensic cases. Also older Android are no interest nowadays - those can be done by many GSM boxes or even dongles (like CM2/Inferno) within minutes (in case of Qualcomm SPD or MTK based phones even in seconds by just reading them) - and trust me I know all of them very well. Also most of boxes allows read a password and not remove it so device is intact :mrgreen: ;)) But.... none of them can support as "einstein9" write:

einstein9 wrote:
ANY Android device?

einstein9 wrote:
Regardless of the Android version

I'm really curious to see how it's working since there are many solutions but when you will get a device with locked BL/FRP ON or encrypted and you will start playing with UserPartition (which all of boxex/dongles does becouse this is place where lock files are stored) it will be damaged and data will be lost so no more forensic solution.

We have tried in our lab for testing purposes all solutions including laatest UFED and all other boxes on hundreds pf phones in last few years and many of them require Root which ofcourse valid KNOX (not acceptable for some customers) and which is not always possible if device is encrypted or BL/FRP locked). Nowadays for latest devices we are using solder less ISP eMMC solutions or Chip Off in case of UFS to play with newest phones 6.x with Gatekeeper mechanism (CRYPT) but solution is not available for encrypted devices from obvious reason.....

So overally - cannot wait to see solution that will work on ALL Android phones and ALL Android devices.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 14:25 

einstein9 wrote:
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
Well,

Am wondering if you READ the FULL statement here, specially the part which says: without a PC or App.

Sure ,
I did Read and I Did Understand ,But In The End Its The Job that Should Be Done ,Now Do You Understand ? .Secondly You Are Doing a Job Thats Already Been Done [ You Are Trying To Just Do it In a different Way ] Why Do Something Same ,You Should Try Something Different ,Something Unique .Anyway My Whole Point was To Echo My Voice That You Are Doing Something Thats Already Been Done ,Who In DR Field Does Not Use a PC

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 4:04 

Dear Bolo,

Here is our product for 2017 Law Enforcement only, in fact i made 2 demo`s, the 1st. was so bad coz the damn auto-focus was not stable and i had to make another one because someone asked me about the USB-Debug option, so i made another one with more details and more clear.

1st Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySRwTfWbBwU

2nd & final Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRDc6vqNJo8

youtune Desc. has all the details in AR/EN
fully customized tool
and wish you all the best in 2017 with more CASES/HDD`s to make you BZ.

have a good Day/Year

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 5:08 

Really must say WOW..... just one question: phone need support OTG, correct ? Or non-OTG phones is also supported ?

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 5:29 

Bolo wrote:
Really must say WOW..... just one question: phone need support OTG, correct ? Or non-OTG phones is also supported ?

Well,
Did You Understand Something [ A Tool Is Definitely Required , It Could Even Be Some Code Into the Flash Drive He Attached As His Device Had OTG Support ] . Nice Catch You Did There Cos Not All Phone Support OTG .One Great Forum For Understanding GSM World is GSM Hosting .I Can Easily Handle Any Locked android Phone With Some Of The Tools i Own ,Once The New Office Mobile Section is Done Will Post a Few Did Bits .

PS : einstein9 I Am Replying To Him Not You In This Post .did You even Bother To Read What i Am Posting These Days Its Mostly Flash Stuff cos i Am started To Learn It .Atleast I am Not Bothered How You View a Individual ,Cos Many People Post More Then Me Also . You Do Not Like Someone Giving You His Viewpoint On a Subject You Posted.Earlier You Never Had a Issue When You Were Getting Praised And Had Some Conversations ,This is Not Good That If a Viewpoint differs You Get ^^$%^$%^#%# Up .

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 5:52 

@Amarbir: Trust me it's not so simple ;) Try to get access without root to encrypted device on phone based Android 6.x which is for example S7 Edge or Huawei L09 Eva (as example both of them got encryption User Partition enabled by default so getting Gatekeeper file which use CRYPT encryption for store it is not available either)....

@einstein9: This tool is amazing even if support only OTG based phones, let's just wait for clarification of this.

Also answers to those will be great:

a) it support only factory codes (PIN, BackupPIN, Pattern) or also 3th party applications protections ?
b) does it support phones with MDM applied where on device there are no locales stores ?
c) password protections also also supported ?
d) encrypted phones is supported or not ?
e) OTG phones only ?

Really great job !

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 5:56 

seems my wish will never come true.. :lol: Anyway
Bolo wrote:

Any android phone "Bolo" will work regardless of the OTG support.

in fact the reason why i came up with this idea is the following case scenario:

Some airports provide the power CHARGER service, and one day i was sitting @ the Airport waiting for my flight i came up with this IDEA
As i mentioned in Youtube Desc. the solution is customizable and imagine a USB HUB with 2 wires, one connected to the phone to charge it
and the other is connected to MY USB, Anyone connects his phone will be UNLOCKED 1st. (timer can be set here to unlock) and then
we can upload a REMOTE controlled HIDDEN SERVICE. and thats it.

i think you got the big picture here.

I think 2 years back one Russian came up with the KILLER FLASH design, where he used Capacitors to charge and then Dis-charge and kill the connected
device (PC/Phone) when attached. after 2 years of his discovery i saw some idiot in TV somewhere in USA talking about it live (stealing the Russian Idea)

As a slogan from Steve Jobs "people don't know what they want until you show it to them"
I started this Android project and its ready in 2017 for the Law Enforcement only.

:beer: :agree:

PostPosted: January 1st, 2017, 6:29 

einstein9 wrote:
seems my wish will never come true.. :lol: Anyway
Bolo wrote:

Any android phone "Bolo" will work regardless of the OTG support.

in fact the reason why i came up with this idea is the following case scenario:

Some airports provide the power CHARGER service, and one day i was sitting @ the Airport waiting for my flight i came up with this IDEA
As i mentioned in Youtube Desc. the solution is customizable and imagine a USB HUB with 2 wires, one connected to the phone to charge it
and the other is connected to MY USB, Anyone connects his phone will be UNLOCKED 1st. (timer can be set here to unlock) and then

i think you got the big picture here.

I think 2 years back one Russian came up with the KILLER FLASH design, where he used Capacitors to charge and then Dis-charge and kill the connected
device (PC/Phone) when attached. after 2 years of his discovery i saw some idiot in TV somewhere in USA talking about it live (stealing the Russian Idea)

As a slogan from Steve Jobs "people don't know what they want until you show it to them"
I started this Android project and its ready in 2017 for the Law Enforcement only.

:beer: :agree:

Nice ,
Great to know works with any phone .Try One For IOS Also .IOS Is Quite Protected Then Android .PS : No Idea why You Are So %^$%^ Up With Me for No Reason Whatsoever .As You Are Good With Your Research " Seagate F3 " Is Something You Should Spend Your Time With And Also hitachi ARM Family

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 4:52 

Spildit wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
(...)Anyone connects his phone will be UNLOCKED 1st. (timer can be set here to unlock) and then

i think you got the big picture here.(...)

So would your law enforcment team target a single individual or would they just implement that idea on let's say the airport and randomly install a REMOTE controlled HIDDEN SERVICE on *anyone* using the charger facility on that location ?

And if it's a targeted attack how would you know that the target would charge the phone at that specific point ?

Interesting idea to apply on a lab but not on the real world, I think. At least on a leagal manner....

when i came with this solution i said: CUSTOMIZABLE which means upon request, which means if you were a Law Enforcement tech. guy When you have a suspect (Drug Dealer, or Anyone else) we MAY provide you with a solution when required.

but IT COULD BE used on those public places, could be used anywhere.

the Knife can make your Salad or Kill someone. its up2u where to use it.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 19:23 

Really good work :D

PostPosted: February 4th, 2017, 6:00 

mr_spokk wrote:
Really good work :D

Thank you

PostPosted: February 5th, 2017, 5:39 

Any work on iPhones, IOS9---> ?

PostPosted: February 5th, 2017, 8:22 

mr_spokk wrote:
Any work on iPhones, IOS9---> ?

Not as easy as 123, and i believe there will be NO SUCH all-in-one (ver.) for IOS

Not impossible, but it needs a lot of time which i don`t have really for it.
:wink:

PostPosted: February 5th, 2017, 9:10 

I must say, Einstein I'm impressed. Now for two important questions.

How much are you charging for one of these?
Do you need any "beta testers" or people to test/review the product for you?