All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: undelete micro-sd
PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 1:40 

Hello all, i have a "hama micro sd hc - 32GB - 4" that was inserted in a samsung/android. From the 32GB there have been about 2GB of data/jpgs.

From one day on it doesnt get recognized in the phone neither in a laptop and i need to get the important jpgs from it, no backup :/

So i have tryed GetDataBack - result:

R-Studio Demo, a normal scan without any options or something:

Strange thing is, i did a full run yesterday, the result was like this preview screen, that nothing gets detected...like everything is empty. Every sector/cluster is empty.

Testdisk 7.1 and photorec

Partition Table : INTEL and NONE - no further options, just runned it. Did that one time with a hard disk drive too and everything gets showed up.

First thing testdisk shows me: partition sector doesn´t have the endmark 0xAA55

Quick Search

I didnt add any partition or something, "just" let it run with deeper search, but the same result, nothing.

So does anybody has an idea? Should i just insert the micro sd, partition it as a Fat32 and try it then with Recuva or something? Or are there any options in any of these tools or others tools, that i can try?
Thxs in advance.

Post subject: Re: undelete micro-sd
PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 18:09 

Well, first : was it used in the phone as "local" storage ? Don´t know the name it would appear in your phone, but it is the option where the sdcard is "mixed" with the phone native storage and appear as just more space, instead of being mounted as a separate drive in the phone.

That kind uses to be encrypted by the phone, so that would explain why you could not find files in external programs.

Also, use a linux machine or bootable cd to make an image of the card and run the recovery software in that image to preserve your flash disk.

You talk about testdisk, but what photorec did find , ignoring partitions and analysing the raw disk ? Nothing or did it find some files ?

Do not format it, as any write operation in the disk will delete more data from it.