All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 14th, 2018, 4:20 
Offline

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 13:31
Posts: 80
Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 14th, 2018, 7:38 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2010, 11:17
Posts: 2361
Location: Kuwait
omi786 wrote:
Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards


Will put it this way...

What makes you think Freeware Iphone tools exists? in another word, If freeware exists (good freeware with good results) then there will be NO 20k$ & ++ Pro. tools

the way you look @things is completely wrong my dear...

_________________
Kuwait Data Recovery - UNIX GTC
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. By: Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 10:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: January 9th, 2013, 5:44
Posts: 93
Location: egypt
agree with einstein

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/datarecoveryegypt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 15:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 29th, 2016, 18:13
Posts: 46
Location: Poland
You can read them by for example NAND PRO which support LGA52/60 chips and PPN but...... it will not give you anything if you think about data recovery since chip are encrypted by defaults from 4S

_________________
Best regards,
Boguslaw Rzepka,
Multi-COM Ltd., Poland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 17th, 2018, 12:07 
Offline

Joined: May 15th, 2018, 18:46
Posts: 26
Location: Toronto
Agree with Bolo, those dumps will be obsolete due to manufacturer's encryption. Will only work with models 3, 3S and 4. But who has those models anymore?

_________________
Yevgeniy. No, NOT Malkin.
Ambassador at ADRSĀ®


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2018, 18:31 
Offline

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 13:31
Posts: 80
einstein9 wrote:
omi786 wrote:
Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards


Will put it this way...

What makes you think Freeware Iphone tools exists? in another word, If freeware exists (good freeware with good results) then there will be NO 20k$ & ++ Pro. tools

the way you look @things is completely wrong my dear...


The dump under focus is of an iphone 4. I am doing it for my own research and learning. Tools do exist and they are expensive, i know that. Once i really feel the need to invest in them, i will. Right now just exploring Forensics. For the dump, one way that seems workable is carving the data out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2018, 18:40 
Offline

Joined: May 19th, 2010, 13:31
Posts: 80
Bolo wrote:
You can read them by for example NAND PRO which support LGA52/60 chips and PPN but...... it will not give you anything if you think about data recovery since chip are encrypted by defaults from 4S


These encryption are bad. So what they do commercially about it? No solution yet?

or they transfer the nand, processor and other ICs to a working board?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: August 25th, 2018, 4:48 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: May 13th, 2010, 11:17
Posts: 2361
Location: Kuwait
omi786 wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
omi786 wrote:
Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards


Will put it this way...

What makes you think Freeware Iphone tools exists? in another word, If freeware exists (good freeware with good results) then there will be NO 20k$ & ++ Pro. tools

the way you look @things is completely wrong my dear...


The dump under focus is of an iphone 4. I am doing it for my own research and learning. Tools do exist and they are expensive, i know that. Once i really feel the need to invest in them, i will. Right now just exploring Forensics. For the dump, one way that seems workable is carving the data out.


Well my advice for you here, spend some time with something that actually people use not waste your time in old products
its like someone trying to do DR for 1.44" floppy drive and tries to understand how it works...

Always start from the End (where others stopped) not going 20y back ..

good luck

_________________
Kuwait Data Recovery - UNIX GTC
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once. By: Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump
PostPosted: September 17th, 2018, 6:20 
Offline

Joined: November 9th, 2006, 15:15
Posts: 2983
omi786 wrote:
Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards


Does the device boot OK or it is physically damaged?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group