Switch to full style
Anything related to computer forensics (new section!)
Post a reply

Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump

August 14th, 2018, 4:20

Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards

Re: Any freeware for reading Iphone Dump

August 14th, 2018, 7:38

omi786 wrote:Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards

Will put it this way...

What makes you think Freeware Iphone tools exists? in another word, If freeware exists (good freeware with good results) then there will be NO 20k$ & ++ Pro. tools

the way you look @things is completely wrong my dear...

August 15th, 2018, 15:21

You can read them by for example NAND PRO which support LGA52/60 chips and PPN but...... it will not give you anything if you think about data recovery since chip are encrypted by defaults from 4S

August 17th, 2018, 12:07

Agree with Bolo, those dumps will be obsolete due to manufacturer's encryption. Will only work with models 3, 3S and 4. But who has those models anymore?

August 23rd, 2018, 18:31

einstein9 wrote:
omi786 wrote:Hello, any good freeware to read iphone chip off dumps? like we have Autopsy for Android.

Regards

Will put it this way...

What makes you think Freeware Iphone tools exists? in another word, If freeware exists (good freeware with good results) then there will be NO 20k$ & ++ Pro. tools

The dump under focus is of an iphone 4. I am doing it for my own research and learning. Tools do exist and they are expensive, i know that. Once i really feel the need to invest in them, i will. Right now just exploring Forensics. For the dump, one way that seems workable is carving the data out.

August 23rd, 2018, 18:40

Bolo wrote:You can read them by for example NAND PRO which support LGA52/60 chips and PPN but...... it will not give you anything if you think about data recovery since chip are encrypted by defaults from 4S

These encryption are bad. So what they do commercially about it? No solution yet?

or they transfer the nand, processor and other ICs to a working board?

August 25th, 2018, 4:48

omi786 wrote:
einstein9 wrote:

Regards

Will put it this way...

The dump under focus is of an iphone 4. I am doing it for my own research and learning. Tools do exist and they are expensive, i know that. Once i really feel the need to invest in them, i will. Right now just exploring Forensics. For the dump, one way that seems workable is carving the data out.

Well my advice for you here, spend some time with something that actually people use not waste your time in old products
its like someone trying to do DR for 1.44" floppy drive and tries to understand how it works...

Always start from the End (where others stopped) not going 20y back ..

good luck

September 17th, 2018, 6:20

Regards

Does the device boot OK or it is physically damaged?
Post a reply