All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Locked Maxtor HDDS
PostPosted: May 10th, 2019, 9:14 

Hi, Basically my problem is that I had an own custom built server in which the motherboards chipset died, the server contained 3 500GB Maxtor sata disks. Upon connecting these disks to my pc so that i can re-use them as backup disks and extra storage I was prompted for the HDD password. I remember the password that I set years ago on the server but it is not allowing me to unlock the drives. I do not care about the data contained on them, I just don't want to throw them out when they are in perfect health and can be used. All 3 drives are detected in a usb3 enclosure but cannot be read or written to, however I can see that the S.M.A.R.T data shows no errors.

More Info:
Disk Models: 2x DiamondMax 11 500GB (Model: 6H500F0) 1x MaXLine Pro 500 (Model: 7H500F0)
Methods tried:
Unlocking with master passwords found online with hdparm within parted magic, No success
Looking for a way to connect the drives via a serial interface (I have done this before with seagate drives to fix the "BSY" firmware bug)
Unlocking with the password I set on the servers BIOS as both user and master on hdparm

TIA