Switch to full style
Discussions related to HddSurgery products
Post a reply

G-Raid recovery

May 31st, 2015, 20:17

I'm looking for some tips on recovering a hardware G-Raid. The Enclosure died but I am certain the hard drives are still fine.
It is a 2x 2tb raid 0 array. I'm trying to figure the best software and the parameters to use to build a virtual array to recover the data.

Any tips out there?

Alternatively if anyone has an enclosure in the S/N range of MAHB370GDQ Model GR4 4000 (0G00273) it would be a good way to get rid of an old drive for decent dollars :-) I'll buy you a new thunderbolt version and pay shipping!!

Re: G-Raid recovery

May 31st, 2015, 20:25

what about r-studio ?
have you tried ReclaiMe (its free)

but before you start to playing around with the drives i would strongly recommend to clone them first
Last edited by jermy on May 31st, 2015, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

May 31st, 2015, 20:25

freeflyfranz wrote:Any tips out there?

Try reposting your question to the correct forum.

If you upload a detailed photo of the PCB inside the enclosure, there may be an easy DIY fix.

G-Raid data recovery

May 31st, 2015, 20:50

freeflyfranz wrote:I'm looking for some tips on recovering a hardware G-Raid.

Start with UFS Explorer RAID Recovery. If you're 120% sure that drives are OK, then work with them directly, but I'd still suggest to consider imaging them first anyway.

Should the software options won't work, I'll be happy to help remotely. If the issue is indeed enclosure only, then price will be more than affordable (new enclosure won't be necessary). Please check your PM.

June 1st, 2015, 5:22

jermy wrote:what about r-studio ?
have you tried ReclaiMe (its free)

but before you start to playing around with the drives i would strongly recommend to clone them first

ReclaiMe : Useless App. tried it many times and NEVER worked
R-Studio & UFS are the one + Winhex of course if you know exactly what are you doing and looking for.

btw G-raid needs some custom work, never had an easy case with it.
you might be lucky never know.

good luck

June 4th, 2015, 7:49

Thanks for the tips and offers of help everyone. Data-medics were able to use R-studio to help me recover. I'd post the solution but I didn't quite follow all the voodoo Jared had to do
to get it to work as G-raid requires non standard settings from the usual r-studio offerings.

For those who pm'd me and I didn't reply it's because I am new to the forums and it wouldn't allow me to. Sorry!

June 13th, 2015, 4:46

freeflyfranz wrote:Thanks for the tips and offers of help everyone. Data-medics were able to use R-studio to help me recover. I'd post the solution but I didn't quite follow all the voodoo Jared had to do
to get it to work as G-raid requires non standard settings from the usual r-studio offerings.

For those who pm'd me and I didn't reply it's because I am new to the forums and it wouldn't allow me to. Sorry!

Nothing really special, just need to set 512 Bytes stripe size.
Post a reply