Switch to full style
Discussions related to HddSurgery products
Post a reply

Screwdriver to dismantle 2.5" HDD

June 23rd, 2016, 3:26

I have 2 hard disks(2.5") 1 TB and 320GB.
ReadWrite head of 1TB Hdd is damaged.. so I am trying to put the platters of 1 TB hdd to 320 GB hdd..

I don't have exact screwdrivers to open it. Could any one please help me to specify the required type and size of screwdriver ?

Re: Screwdriver to dismantle 2.5" HDD

June 23rd, 2016, 14:23

Vignesh wrote:I have 2 hard disks(2.5") 1 TB and 320GB.
ReadWrite head of 1TB Hdd is damaged.. so I am trying to put the platters of 1 TB hdd to 320 GB hdd..

I don't have exact screwdrivers to open it. Could any one please help me to specify the required type and size of screwdriver ?

Judging by what's written above I would say, it's gonna end up with a disaster, and you are gonna destroy your data for good, without the possibility of recovering.
I strongly recommend - if the data is valuable to you - stop what you doing and send it to a data recovery PRO
I know its not the answer you hoped for, but its the most honest reply I could have think off

if despite what I have said you insist to proceed then you need a torx screwdriver

June 24th, 2016, 5:49

Oh oh... I can see tears from down here...

Seriously, if you have to ask these questions, DON'T DO IT.
This is wrong in so many levels, it will only end up one way.

You DON'T move the platters when the heads go bad.

June 24th, 2016, 6:24

northwind wrote:Oh oh... I can see tears from down here...

Seriously, if you have to ask these questions, DON'T DO IT.
This is wrong in so many levels, it will only end up one way.

You DON'T move the platters when the heads go bad.

+1

June 24th, 2016, 9:20

As already mentioned...this will not work. Your only option is to seek professional assistance before you completely kill any chance of recovery.

June 24th, 2016, 10:24

+1 to every response above.

Sadly though, threads like this only lead to more people coming to the conclusion that we in the data recovery business are just keeping secrets to hoard mass amounts of money from people.

June 26th, 2016, 15:29

i think this is some guy who just wants to spam the section of the forum

June 26th, 2016, 16:16

Makes sense, he haven't logged in ever since to read the answers

June 28th, 2016, 13:46

Ask your client to supply the original screwdriver that came with the drive..

March 17th, 2017, 13:29

Vignesh wrote:I have 2 hard disks(2.5") 1 TB and 320GB.

Hello,
Send Me Your Address ,I will send you a Screwdriver Free ,Then You Can Transfer The Platters From 1TB To 320Gb Or Do Whatever .Are You Planning To Start Data Recovery As Business Or This is Your Personal Drive .
Post a reply