All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toshiba Controllers (TC58NC6623G6F)
PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 4:18 

Attachment:
ToshibaSpareArea.png
ToshibaSpareArea.png [ 184.11 KiB | Viewed 11992 times ]
Hi all!

I'm wondering if anybody has had success with VNR when it comes to Toshiba controllers? I still have a lot to learn when it comes to VNR but support told me that it is correct that they don't have LBN in the spare area so I needed to define the pair, save the dump and analyse it with R-Studio.

I've tried this with 2 cases now and both times it's yielded no real result. File listing with no data, files present but incorrect hex etc etc.

Am I missing a trick? Is there truly no way to order the blocks using LPN or anything to get a decent recovery? Right now the only thing I can think of is the Translation Tables element but I have no clue how to use it.

I've attached a screenshot for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe.

Post subject: Re: Toshiba Controllers (TC58NC6623G6F)
PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 10:13 

If your premium support has not expired I would ask them to provide remote support. This way they can either show you that it is possible to get some results or you will find that they can't complete this task and you can stop beating your head against the wall :)
If it doesn't work out, there are a few people on this forum that you can send the dumps to and they will recover the data for a very reasonable fee.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2017, 3:23 

I think there is no solution to rebuild dir structure in VNR for this controllers. There is no LBN. We can solve mix, save dump and make RAW scan, but big files will be broken.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2017, 11:21 

for this controller, I usually use Flash Extractor with virtual translator and use Auto option to try to locate correct blocks order.