All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is It Just Me!!
PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 12:33 

Is it just me or is Rusolut losing it. Updating the software means I need to wait for a new activation key, no response from Skype or emails. I have attended two Rusolut classes so know they guys well, but doesn't seem to make a difference.

Post subject: Re: Is It Just Me!!
PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 15:59 

Guess it is just me lol.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 17:39 

Hi ddrecovery.

We had a short maintenance today, activation may have been delayed for 40-60 min.
I checked history, you should have a key.

You don't need to reactivate software when you update it. Just install it over old version.
If you update support subscription this is only case when you need to reactivate software.

Activation is NUMBER ONE PRIORITY for our support dept, if you have any issue or waiting for activation more than 15 minutes please do the following:
1. Send email to support@rusolut.com (usually checked every 3-5 minutes by 2 guys)
2. Send message to one or all skypes of our engineers, we always online during business hours (if you don't have our skypes please drop me email or PM here I will send you contacts of our 5 engineers)
3. If none of above helped within 20 min (the only reason of that may be some natural disaster or nuclear attack) just call to my Skype/Viber/Whatsapp/phone, I'm 24/7/365 available at any time of the day and night (I'll PM you my number).

I appreciate your trust and glad that you use our products and visited our trainings.
I'm really sorry if this delay made you angry, or even ruined your day :(
I know how important it is to have a quick access to the tool, especially when client comes to your lab with express case and waiting while you activate a software, this should never happen (I hope it didn't)

We do check this forum once a day max, so this would be slowest way of problem solving.

P.S. You know me and Igor - just call us AT ANY TIME you have ANY PROBLEM.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 17:56 

Unfortunately Sasha whenever I download a new version of VNR and install over the top of the old, I get asked for a new activation key which is pretty annoying. Gosha logged in last time and said it was a configuration file issue and resolved it, but it happened again on the last update. You might have a glitch you need to resolved.

I appreciate your response and the willingness to help in this open forum, but you are well aware of the problems I have had trying to contact you in the past with urgent issues. In fact I have still not had one reply to many emails and a Skype contact requests dating back over the past 6 months. Not one.

I was the FIRST person to order VNR in the US and have gone on two of your training sessions and consider myself a good client of VNR/D3. Its a shame the only way to get a reaction is a forum post.

This is not the forum to discuss these issues and we should continue on PM.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 19:54 

ddrecovery wrote:
Unfortunately Sasha whenever I download a new version of VNR and install over the top of the old, I get asked for a new activation key which is pretty annoying. Gosha logged in last time and said it was a configuration file issue and resolved it, but it happened again on the last update. You might have a glitch you need to resolved.

This is bug for sure. If anyone else encountered please report here or to email.
Please try just to reinstall the same update tomorrow to see if issue persist even if sw version is same.

ddrecovery wrote:
you are well aware of the problems I have had trying to contact you in the past with urgent issues

Yes, I know for sure. It was one of the reasons we do not accept client's (physical) devices for Research & Recovery anymore, we just couldn't handle the terms of clients of our users. So laser-focused on R&D only now. And you right, I'm probably the worst support engineer in company (I really am). Because of that we have 3 brilliant guys who's doing this instead of me on daily basis now - Gosha, Chris, Patryk.

Here's my time allocation since beg of 2017:
1. R&D = 70% (I stare at monitor/microscope/XRAY and ignoring everyone and everything - out of reach)
2. Trainings = 30% (Out of reach)
3. R&D team leading = 30%
4. Support = 20%
Total = 150%.

Was trying to fit there at least 20% more time for physical recovery (as a good will - you ship device, we help to recover data for free only if case is helping for R&D, mostly dead eMMC) but failed with terms, although recovery rate was good considering this is top complexity devices such as dead eMMC or non standard NAND stuff. Done with it, no more.

ddrecovery wrote:
I was the FIRST person to order VNR in the US and have gone on two of your training sessions and consider myself a good client of VNR/D3

I consider you as a GREAT FIRST US client and a good person!

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 20:00 

I had the activation issue when updating to a newer version as well.

I found it be a mild annoyance having to wait 20 minutes to get the activation, but not a big deal really.

PostPosted: October 11th, 2017, 20:08 

data-medics wrote:
I found it be a mild annoyance having to wait 20 minutes to get the activation, but not a big deal really.

Well, you right, this is annoyance even though a small one, it has to be 10-30 seconds actually to get the key.
We're coding now automatic activation server, hope it's up since beginning of 2018 (testing takes a time).

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 13:37 

Sasha Sheremetov wrote:
Well, you right, this is annoyance even though a small one, it has to be 10-30 seconds actually to get the key.
We're coding now automatic activation server, hope it's up since beginning of 2018 (testing takes a time).
I know you are working on automatic activation for 2018, but how often is someone at Rusolut checking for new requests now? Maybe this way we can know how long we should wait before complaining or wondering if email has failed :)

PostPosted: December 7th, 2017, 21:04 

Blizzard wrote:
I know you are working on automatic activation for 2018, but how often is someone at Rusolut checking for new requests now? Maybe this way we can know how long we should wait before complaining or wondering if email has failed :)

Normally it takes [much less than my answer to this topic] 3-15 min, it's kinda semi-automatic way where we have to "approve" activation. Sometimes may take up to 2-3 hrs when we do some maintenance (rare case).
Automatic activation is on the way, hopefully still in 2017 (it's already working, just takes some time to test and fix all bugs and exceptions).
Of course old way of activation will remain for folks from LEA where PCs are in secure environment.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 16:35 

Just released new update.
As promised we added automatic activation system.
Maximal waiting time now 10 seconds.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2018, 16:45 

Sasha Sheremetov wrote:

Already downloaded, installed and working on a case. Thanks Sasha.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 17:42 

Sasha Sheremetov wrote:

Auch, don't have the new Ver.
so... cant activate online I assume
and will have to wait until 9-10 o'clock Poland time tomorrow ;(