Switch to full style
Discussions related to Visual NAND Reconstructor tool
Post a reply

VNR 2.3 Error

January 19th, 2018, 11:49

Just to let you know the new VNR has a glitch they are working on resolving. It drove me mad for a while thinking it was my system. When I connect the Unite element to the top of the Logical Image element VNR crashes.

I post this not to get at Rusolut, but hopefully save anyone else who has this issue for doing restarts and thinking its their system like I did.

You may want to hold off on the upgrade until its fixed.

I know the guys are working hard to fix it.

Re: VNR 2.3 Error

January 19th, 2018, 13:55

Hi,

We found one bug today (maybe it was your case actually) with Unite element - VNR crashed if you connect two sources (pair or physical image) and one of them has page structure defined but another not. Crash occurs when you trying to swap order of chips, only in case if you join it by page. This is going to be fixed soon, but for now there's simple way to avoid it - make sure both dumps have same structure (copy-paste it).

January 19th, 2018, 14:05

Sasha Sheremetov wrote:Hi,

We found one bug today (maybe it was your case actually) with Unite element - VNR crashed if you connect two sources (pair or physical image) and one of them has page structure defined but another not. Crash occurs when you trying to swap order of chips, only in case if you join it by page. This is going to be fixed soon, but for now there's simple way to avoid it - make sure both dumps have same structure (copy-paste it).

Good work.

January 19th, 2018, 16:26

Hi sasha ,
nice to see you being so active to problems of your users .I great to see a company going out of the way and acknowledging stuff like bugs this does not create a negative but positive impact on users unlike few vendors think

January 19th, 2018, 16:37

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:

Hi sasha ,
nice to see you being so active to problems of your users .I great to see a company going out of the way and acknowledging stuff like bugs this does not create a negative but positive impact on users unlike few vendors think

Unlike certain Chinese tool manufacturers we could mention! :-)
Post a reply