All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deficency In Service + MRT Forum Account Banned [No Reason]
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 12:02 

Hello ,
I would like to inform the Reps of MRT that i wanted to write this in the forums so that they could understand how much hassel a customer and a potential reseller is going through .To my horror what i tried logging to the MRT forums i got this message .

PS : I have done not even a single thing to invoke a forum ban .Infact i have always helped and suggested people to the best of my ability .So can the MRT Rep here let me what on earth is going on ? .

Case Background :
I had purchased 3 MRT Pro cards in the month of jan 2015 .2 were to be used in my lab and one i had purchased after discussing with the MRT India distributor For Selling To my clients or students .

Problem :
The 2 MRT Pro cards i had installed in my lab use the same Motherboard " Asus P5nsli " .1 of the cards work properly ,but the other card Was always giving me The following error "Init Device Fail " .

Sometimes it would work and sometimes i used to get this message .I use to take the card out insert it again ,clean the contacts and what not .Sometimes it used to magically start working .Slowly the problem became so much that i had to take the support of the Indian Distributor who arranged a remote session with the MRT Engineers and the final conclusion was that it was defective so it was suggested that i have the card replaced .As i had the 3rd card with me i requested the MRT indian distributor to " Activate that in lieu of the defective one " .This was done but to my horror i was getting the same issues with that card too .So i discussed this with the Indian Distributor to which i was told i have a hardware issue and my motherboard should be defective or incompatible .Incompatibility should not be a issue as i had the 1st card working in the same board " brand and model " . So i started to hunt for a board and found the same brand / model in one of my older systems .I tested that board for a week for any potential issues and i found none and i finally swapped the " So called defective board " . To my horror again same issue " init device error " . So i took the 1st card " that was working and transferred it to the swapped board computer and voila it works " . I also tried the same card with the so called defective board and it works there two .Hence this clearly means i now have 2 defective cards + 1 working one .I would like to ask the following to the Reps of this company

1 : Why is my forum account banned [ Are you people in your senses ]
2 : I have 2 defective cards in hand [ Help me solve this issue or take back all 3 of my cards [ Refund Me My Money ] + 3 months activation fee ] .My Next Monthly Activation is Due on 9-5-2015 .
3 : Do not do this kinda thing with people.Its Mentally Very Stressing .At My Age of 40 this kinda thing gets even worse .
4 : Test your Hardware properly before giving it to people .Learn something from acelabs .

PS : I know some of my older friends would say Amarbir Are you in your senses why did you Buy this .Well the Answer is that i am saying for 1 unit of pc3000 but till then workload was increasing and i wanted something desperately .DFL is too expensive IMHO for that they offer .Damn i am frustrated raise to the power infinity lol

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Deficency In Service + MRT Forum Account Banned [No Reas
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 12:40 

Spildit wrote:
There are some known problems with the MRTLab tools including the quality of the hardware.

Some bugs have been found on the external programming units as well.

Might not be a good idea to depend on this tool only ....

Well,
i do not depend on this tool Only Spildit .I am posting so that they solve my problem and potential users also As my forum account is banned for no reason .I would Like 2 Stickies in this Sub Forums .One for Bug reports and second for documentation and might be third for issue like this so that we are not giving them a hard time though we are getting hard time ourself .Thier tool is full of bugs .i can have many posts and make as many videos as you like if anyone wants to know more lol

PS : I hope they can solve my issue in a easy and helpful manner

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 13:02 

Spildit wrote:
What you describe is in fact un-aceptable, if your 2 cards are indeed "damaged" as all points out and if MRTLab doesn't solve the problem ...

This is a considerable expensive tool .... Even worse most of the tool is ripped off PC-3000 code ... so they are getting your $$$ from a code/tool that they use as reference and supply broken hardware that aparently cause trouble for people who buy it and then they don't replace the damaged hardware ?!

Well ....

I was thinking in buying one of those cards, and i've even got to the point of havving the price sent to me ....

But after "playing" a little bit with it by teamviewer i decided not to do so.

Well,
If they solve the issue i can have some spare time when you can play with it .Might be frank also .My problem is i have less time in hand to whip someone bums IMHO lol :mrgreen: .I can hook up any kinda drive for you .

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 4:31 

Spildit wrote:
Also if you have some time could you tak a hig-res photo of the MRT Card both sides and post ?

Just to take a closer look at the hardware.

Thanks.

Well,
I do not see the hardware built quality "BAD " at all .Infact i like it .Once i post the images you will like it too .The problem is testing the cards completely " Thats lacking " . And even if i had paid USD 600 still a fault is a fault they claim to provide 1 years replacement .In my case even forum support is off though i have 2 active cards and i am still using one for no reason .Jenny and jessica have not replied to my emails not replied to this thread .Are people able to contact them these days i see live support offline all days and for few days now

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 5:37 

they had Training session in there office they all were busy no reply from last month just wait for them to come online :) :D

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 5:38 

very slow & bad Technical support
Card have issues also only 1 port will work ATA0 ATA1 just for show.(it works few days then stops)

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 5:52 

microsoftengineer wrote:
they had Training session in there office they all were busy no reply from last month just wait for them to come online :) :D

Well,
Thats a #$%#$%#% excuse .Also i have no issues in SATA0 and SATA1 And Also IDE in the card that actually works .

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 6:30 

Do you still get the same error message if no card is installed?

Can you see the good and bad cards in Device Manager?

Do you need to have an Internet connection to validate the card every time you use it?

What message do you see if you try to use MRT software with a card that has not been activated or for which the activation period has expired?

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 6:52 

fzabkar wrote:
Do you still get the same error message if no card is installed?

Can you see the good and bad cards in Device Manager?

Do you need to have an Internet connection to validate the card every time you use it?

What message do you see if you try to use MRT software with a card that has not been activated or for which the activation period has expired?

wELL dEAR fRANK ,
You got it all mixed up :mrgreen: .Let Me answer Your Questions Asked

1 : Do you still get the same error message if no card is installed?
Ans : did not try it and now i have packed both the bad cards to send to indian disti

2 :Can you see the good and bad cards in Device Manager?
Ans : Yup

3 : Do you need to have an Internet connection to validate the card every time you use it?
Ans : Yup i have it

4 : What message do you see if you try to use MRT software with a card that has not been activated or for which the activation period has expired?
Ans : Definitely Not " Init Device Fail "

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 15:32 

In my case this error comes when the system hangs or irregular shutdown or something. its like the card is working and its hanged in the middle. What i usually do is
1) Remove the card and power cable from the PC
2) wait 2-3mins
3) replug the card
4) install the "driver" and then the "software" of MRT
and it works.
It doesnt happen much, but it hangs sometime and give this error after that.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 15:33 

btw whats the cloning speed that you get on your MRT?

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 18:01 

ISTM that there are lots of incompatibility issues.

MRT hardware and software compatibility lists (HCL/SCL):
http://us.mrtlab.com/hcl.htm

What is it about MRTLab's board that makes it so choosy about motherboards and CPUs?

MRTLab's FAQ seems to be suggesting that the only options for resolving “Init device error!” problems are to reboot and pray, or replace or repair the card. Do PC3K users also have these kinds of compatibility problems?

Installation Process of MRT Pro - Troubleshooting:
http://en.mrtlab.com/installation-proce ... leshooting

Quote:
Common problem two: It reports “Init device error!” when running MRT.

This error is shown in picture:

http://en.mrtlab.com/wp-content/uploads ... -error.jpg

When you see this error, it indicates that the installation of driver program is normal and MRT software program is connecting to driver successfully. if this error occurs, it is because when MRT sends control order to hardware card, the card doesn’t respond correctly. It has the following two situations:

1.MRT hardware card state error is accidentally. To be brief, it is same as computer crash happens accidentally. The solution is simple.Power off and start computer again. Please note that it is power off but not reboot. That is to say, you need to power off completely and then wait for a while. After capacitor fully discharged, boot again, and generally it will be normal. This error is rare. It is not the breakdown of MRT hardware card.

2.MRT hardware is damaged. After using the first way, shutdown and boot for many times, it still reports the error. You can make sure it is the damage of MRT hardware. It has no relation with operation system, driver program and so on. If it can’t be solved by the first solution, you can make sure it is the damage of MRT hardware card. At this time, users need to contact sellers and to repair or change it.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 18:17 

Me Too.
I think the online server had issue today because the software had problem today and never connect to server for start.

i guess is back to life next day. I hope because my work depend on it

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 18:31 

I notice that the P5Nsli BIOS has several overclocking settings for PCIE and CPU. Maybe the system would stabilise if one were to select the least aggressive settings?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... p5nsli.pdf

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 20:10 

1- dwinload the file
http://info.mrtlab.com/download/simsun.rar
2-Extracting file

3-Copy the file (simsun.ttc) to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

If the problem is not solved Send me your your mail and will communicate with you to resolve the problem

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 23:34 

microsoftengineer wrote:
very slow & bad Technical support
Card have issues also only 1 port will work ATA0 ATA1 just for show.(it works few days then stops)

Well,
All of us Who have a issue need to get together on a platform like hddguru and get our cases solved .Get your card changed .

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 23:39 

omi786 wrote:
In my case this error comes when the system hangs or irregular shutdown or something. its like the card is working and its hanged in the middle. What i usually do is
1) Remove the card and power cable from the PC
2) wait 2-3mins
3) replug the card
4) install the "driver" and then the "software" of MRT
and it works.
It doesnt happen much, but it hangs sometime and give this error after that.

Well,
Pure nonesense .The other card thats installed in my lab in the older motherboard or the so called defective motherboard "read my first post " works flawlessly .This is a pure hardware fault of the card ,Tell them to get it changed .I think this is a manufacturing issue ,They should bear all the expenses of sending and recieving and custom duties also .Not only me i am sure many other people will come forward with the same issue ,Its only a matter of time .If they do not mend thier ways or listen to us how will they improve .

PS : my intention is never to push them against the wall but to make them aware there is a issue and they have to solve it .I hope people who do not even have this card will understand and appreciate this .

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 23:46 

fzabkar wrote:
ISTM that there are lots of incompatibility issues.

MRT hardware and software compatibility lists (HCL/SCL):
http://us.mrtlab.com/hcl.htm

What is it about MRTLab's board that makes it so choosy about motherboards and CPUs?

MRTLab's FAQ seems to be suggesting that the only options for resolving “Init device error!” problems are to reboot and pray, or replace or repair the card. Do PC3K users also have these kinds of compatibility problems?

Installation Process of MRT Pro - Troubleshooting:
http://en.mrtlab.com/installation-proce ... leshooting

Quote:
Common problem two: It reports “Init device error!” when running MRT.

This error is shown in picture:

http://en.mrtlab.com/wp-content/uploads ... -error.jpg

When you see this error, it indicates that the installation of driver program is normal and MRT software program is connecting to driver successfully. if this error occurs, it is because when MRT sends control order to hardware card, the card doesn’t respond correctly. It has the following two situations:

1.MRT hardware card state error is accidentally. To be brief, it is same as computer crash happens accidentally. The solution is simple.Power off and start computer again. Please note that it is power off but not reboot. That is to say, you need to power off completely and then wait for a while. After capacitor fully discharged, boot again, and generally it will be normal. This error is rare. It is not the breakdown of MRT hardware card.

2.MRT hardware is damaged. After using the first way, shutdown and boot for many times, it still reports the error. You can make sure it is the damage of MRT hardware. It has no relation with operation system, driver program and so on. If it can’t be solved by the first solution, you can make sure it is the damage of MRT hardware card. At this time, users need to contact sellers and to repair or change it.

Well Frank ,
First the very usual Good morning buddy .Howdy today :mrgreen: .In my case motherboard compatiability is not a issue .The other card runs fine with asus p5nsli .There is no overclocking etc etc .Well MRT cannot be super choosy about hardware .They have to update or improve the card .And Hell No PC3K does not have such a issue .The issue seems to be is that is the internal software " like firmware of hdd " hangs .Once you sutdown the pc or reboot it does not recover from that situation .Only if you physically power off the pc from SMPS then it can get ok .But the issue is that if this issue they know they can send us modded cards or rectified cards that do not have such a issue .This is absurd

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 23:48 

rayanafshan wrote:
Me Too.
I think the online server had issue today because the software had problem today and never connect to server for start.

i guess is back to life next day. I hope because my work depend on it

Well,
There was nothing wrong in the server yesterday .I used the working MRT Quite a lot yesterday .

PostPosted: May 4th, 2015, 23:50 

fzabkar wrote:
I notice that the P5Nsli BIOS has several overclocking settings for PCIE and CPU. Maybe the system would stabilise if one were to select the least aggressive settings?

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/soc ... p5nsli.pdf

Respected Frank ,
i have not used any :D .My overclocking days are over ,But if you get the itch someday i will compete with you on the lighter note lol :mrgreen: