Switch to full style
Everything related to MRT tools
Post a reply

Saving Explorer Map Files

December 4th, 2018, 16:42

Is there a way to save and load explorer map files in MRT?

ie once I have scanned the MFT and marked the folders I want to image, is there a way to get back to that state again. If I shut down a task and want to come back to it, the map seems to be lost. I see there is an 'export map to bin file' link, but do not see a way to reload it (if that is even the map file I need).

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Saving Explorer Map Files

December 4th, 2018, 17:46

You are kidding, right? It would just be nice not to have to rescan the file tree and reselect all the files every time you open the task.

December 4th, 2018, 17:52

lcoughey wrote:You are kidding, right?

Not sure what you mean Luke?
Am I missing something?

December 5th, 2018, 2:18

Luke is kidding, of course.......This is a feature that was asked a long time ago (like many others)...It looks like they don't(want) listen to their customers, as always.

December 5th, 2018, 13:27

ccc wrote:Luke is kidding, of course.......This is a feature that was asked a long time ago (like many others)...It looks like they don't(want) listen to their customers, as always.

Probably like most people, I have a love-hate relationship with MRT. I don't use it with head swap drives, but it's good at imaging semi-good drives. I use it in place of my DDI's which are pretty much retired.

December 5th, 2018, 14:16

ddrecovery wrote:
ccc wrote:Luke is kidding, of course.......This is a feature that was asked a long time ago (like many others)...It looks like they don't(want) listen to their customers, as always.

Probably like most people, I have a love-hate relationship with MRT. I don't use it with head swap drives, but it's good at imaging semi-good drives. I use it in place of my DDI's which are pretty much retired.

For me, I rarely run out of PC3000 and DDI channels enough to need MRT for imaging. I generally only charge it when I have a SATA RAID come in where I need to clone entire drives.

December 6th, 2018, 13:12

lcoughey wrote:For me, I rarely run out of DDI channels

I didn't realize you were still so old school Luke 8)

December 6th, 2018, 13:23

ddrecovery wrote:

DDI 4 with USB and Network Add-ons are powerhouses. Save the PC3000 channels for drives that only ID through utilities or need firmware fixes.

December 6th, 2018, 13:47

lcoughey wrote:
ddrecovery wrote:

DDI 4 with USB and Network Add-ons are powerhouses. Save the PC3000 channels for drives that only ID through utilities or need firmware fixes.

I still have my DDI's, but found then to be very glitchy with not seeing destination drives on a regular basis. I think they have solved this issue with the latest update, but just not sure its worth the upgrade price. I have basically replaced the DDI's with MRT, probably not as good overall, but I always have my PC3000's to fall back on if needed.
Post a reply