All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 13:35 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 16th, 2018, 12:09
Posts: 126
Location: Turkey
Spildit. I don't know who are you. But you are helping everybody. You are good one

_________________
A Recovery Service In Turkey . Veri Kurtarma Türkiye https://www.digitalverikurtarma.com
Donor Drives hdddonormarket.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 15:15 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
alemackson wrote:
I want to thank everyone for their humility and commitment to help, the especially Spildit, who has really put his in solving the problem.
I'm happy to learn from forum people since I'm new to this service area.
I wish a whole happy new year full of peace and achievements.


Hi !!!

If you are new to data recovery you might want to read all topics / links here :

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=176

This will help you out getting started.

I want to pint out that i was lucky to fix that issue as it was a very basic one.

I'm not used to MRT as mainly i do use HRT with some other tools like WDMarvel.

I did found MRT to lack many functions that i do have for example in WDMarvel.

I do think that MRT is very agressive as well.

If i plug a WD BSY drive (with BSY problem) to my HRT card i can wait for the drive to be DRDY as if i want HRT will not send a single command to the drive and will only check the status register. Then i can send single commands like EC or even soft reset the drive.

Your MRT did try to do a huge amount of detection even on "kernel" and that didn't help as the drive was already BSY and the MRT was very "agressive" trying to pull more and more info from the drive while is was not even responding anymore.

I also think that MRT support should have figured out very fast that the drive was stuck with BSY problem ... That talk about loaders and ROM damage is "strange" from someone who did create the MRT tool.

And it's very bad that i can't detect the drive connected to MRT card with other tools like WDMarvel ...

At any rate it was nice to check this out and i'm glad that the drive did clone at the end !

Have a nice 2019 full of data recovery jobs !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 15:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
HddDonorMarket wrote:
Spildit. I don't know who are you. But you are helping everybody. You are good one


Thanks for your comment !!!

Let's see how many cases can i crack in 2019 !!!!

I do mainly work with BVG HRT and it's prototype HDD.EXE + some software tools for modern drives like SeDiv, WDMarvel, SHTR so it's quite hard for me to use MRT as i'm not very used to it and it's functions (and bugs). Same goes for PC-3000. I do need to practice more. I allways try to install some WDMarvel DEMO and HRT Demo and stuff like that but if the damaged drive hangs the system or if MRT can't work with other software it's kind of hard to help even more with the drives away from me ...

I do like to ear the sound that the drive makes and to feel the heads moving when i do some functions, etc ... I also like to have the drive connected to the HRT card as is not "agressive" and i can monitor the status of the drive without even issuing a single command.

At any rate next year i will need to work out remotely with MRT so it's allways nice to "test" it out as i will need to know how to use it in the future to avoid some guys from sending me drives to local checking and fixing ... If i can remotly fix the cases with their MRT the better as it will save time and shipping to Portugal for local fix. But for some cases like older models there will be no choice apart from checking the drives locally ...

Regards and happy new year for you as well with lots of drives to fix !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 15:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
LoboX wrote:
Well done.:)


Please re-send me the password of the teamviewer of your MRT machine so that i can check your 7200.10 seagate ... I do like ST-10 drives.

See you !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 18:07 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Spildit wrote:
alemackson wrote:
I want to thank everyone for their humility and commitment to help, the especially Spildit, who has really put his in solving the problem.
I'm happy to learn from forum people since I'm new to this service area.
I wish a whole happy new year full of peace and achievements.


Hi !!!

If you are new to data recovery you might want to read all topics / links here :

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=176

This will help you out getting started.

I want to pint out that i was lucky to fix that issue as it was a very basic one.

I'm not used to MRT as mainly i do use HRT with some other tools like WDMarvel.

I did found MRT to lack many functions that i do have for example in WDMarvel.

I do think that MRT is very agressive as well.

If i plug a WD BSY drive (with BSY problem) to my HRT card i can wait for the drive to be DRDY as if i want HRT will not send a single command to the drive and will only check the status register. Then i can send single commands like EC or even soft reset the drive.

Your MRT did try to do a huge amount of detection even on "kernel" and that didn't help as the drive was already BSY and the MRT was very "agressive" trying to pull more and more info from the drive while is was not even responding anymore.

I also think that MRT support should have figured out very fast that the drive was stuck with BSY problem ... That talk about loaders and ROM damage is "strange" from someone who did create the MRT tool.

And it's very bad that i can't detect the drive connected to MRT card with other tools like WDMarvel ...

At any rate it was nice to check this out and i'm glad that the drive did clone at the end !

Have a nice 2019 full of data recovery jobs !


Thanks again, very grateful for the indication of the topic.
I have read a few things of this material, despite the little fluency in English, unfortunately I am still limited to a single tool (MRT).
I want to acquire knowledge to possess other tools that help me at work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 18:14 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Spildit, Thanks again, very grateful for the indication of the topic.
I have read a few things of this material, despite the little fluency in English, unfortunately I am still limited to a single tool (MRT).
I want to acquire knowledge to possess other tools that help me at work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: December 31st, 2018, 18:28 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
alemackson wrote:
Spildit, Thanks again, very grateful for the indication of the topic.
I have read a few things of this material, despite the little fluency in English, unfortunately I am still limited to a single tool (MRT).
I want to acquire knowledge to possess other tools that help me at work.


No problem !

Hope that you start 2019 with lots of drives and good business.

MRT is quite ... BAD ...

Might be good as a imaging/cloning tool but at the end if you do decide to have a solid data recovery business there is no way to excape from a ACE PC-3000 unit unless you do want to figure out VSCs for yourself and build your own tools or use scripting with stuff like HRT, etc ...

I'm having BIG trouble right now with MRT.

I'm trying to recover a drive (ST-10) that does have damaged ATA overlay and that MRT can't write to ATA overlay space, maybe because of bad sectors on SA or because MRT is not working properly.

With PC-3000 i could use DE and with active utility i would load the drive from F> to T> with the loader code and i could directly image the drive. On my case the drive does load adaptives, sa defect list and app code, it does go to T> but S.M.A.R.T. reading and re-setting causes error as there are defects on SA and reading ATA overlay 0 fails on this bad drive even if it does work on another working drive of the exact same model and FW version.

While with a PC-3000 unit it would be quite simple to solve this case by loading from loader on DE and getting the drive to report by ATA to image it on MRT no matter what i do i can't find options to do what i need ....

Not only that some functions aren't working at all .... Even the function to stop the drive (put the drive to sleep) to do hot swap is not working (ok it's simple to do by commands on terminal) but the function on the menu doesn't work. The function to clear S.M.A.R.T. pops up a warning saying that you will loose all user data !!! WTF ? I didn't use that and attempted to clear S.M.A.R.T. by terminal. This MRT is very buggy and lacks many functions that on PC-3000 it would be quite faster.

Don't get me wrong i hate PC-3000 as well because i don't like user interface and i'm used to HRT and stuff like WDMarvel and SeDiv but sometimes there are no way to run from it or avoid it ...

Ok, possibly i could solve this Seagate ST-10 case easly here at home with other tools but i'm having a really hard time with MRT .... :evil: :evil:

And for the look of things MRT tech support knows even less than standard beginners so we can't count with them at all ...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 14:53 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Hi, Spildit, I am having a similar problem with another WD disk, although I applied the methods performed in the MRT tool for you, I can not succeed, is it a different problem?
I have purchased the WDMARVEL license but have not received the activation code yet, I need your help again to resolve this case further.


Attachments:
jiovane.png
jiovane.png [ 78.98 KiB | Viewed 766 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 14:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
Hi there !!!!

Please post/send TV details.

I will check in a moment !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 15:00 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Spildit,


Attachments:
TeamViewer.png
TeamViewer.png [ 4.09 KiB | Viewed 763 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 15:14 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
Ok ...

I did made a quick check ...

Complete diferent problem....

Does the drive clicks when powered on ?

Please post the FULL MODEL of the drive.

On this case you need to find compatible loader (module 11) to attempt to gain SA access. Also you do need to load DIR to drive RAM (initialize DIR) from donor backup.

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 15:47 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
Ok !!!

Just checked :

- Drive do click 25 times or something like that and stops .

- Error regarding Servo.

- Can't read 01 from platter.

- Can't read ANYTHING from platter inclçuding tracks.

- WDMarvel shows NO modules and can't initialize anything from platter with that typical servo message.

- PCB is OK and ROM can be manipulated.

- Drive responds and is DRDY and DSC (PCB is working with ATA access). ID with family (correct) but no model / capacity.

100% sure that drive(s) do have BAD HEADS,

Even loading stuff in RAM or attempting to do so don't grant module access,

On those Zephyr opening module windows should show modules to initialize DIR, etc ...

And of course the fact that the drive do click at power up 25 times and then stops ....

BAD HEADS for sure ... or at least 99.9% certain that it's bad heads.


Sorry, drive needs clean room work that i don't provide and that i can't do by remote :(

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 16:14 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
And remember normaly and unless you have drives like TORNADO that have typical PCB fault that mimic bad heads when a drive does click and stops and it's detected on WDMarvel just with the family like i did show and when you open the S/A module operation tab and you get that SERVO error in RED means that head(s) can't find SERVO and are gone (or pre-amp is gone) and the drive do need clean room work.


To be 100 % SURE you can do as i stated, you get resources for your drive and you try to load to RAM the DIR (module 01) - initialize it on RAM and then try to load overlay as well (module 11) and you try to read SA again. If the same error of servo do happen you will be sure that heads are gone. You can as well try hot swap as explained or you can disable heads in RAM and check if some can read but at this point and for a beginner like you best course of action is to outsource the drive to someone who can do clean room work because even if some heads are still working you will not get a "decent" recovery without head swap even if you image/clone by heads.

At any rate on your case all heads apear to be gone (or pre-amp is dead) and this is very commun as well for your drive so .... time for clean room work ...

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 17:13 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Spildit, Thank you for promptly helping me, very grateful for the support.
Now I'm going to look for donors for head replacement since I have the clean room.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 17:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
As further reading I'm going to ask you to check this link as well :

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=1498

On that link you will see some procedures that you can execute to determine if a drive is getting stuck because of firmware problems or if the drive on the other hand does have head(s) (or pre-amp) issues instead !

Enjoy !

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 17:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
Ok !!! On that case you might want to check this link as well :

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=1036

You can check MicroJogs on your drives even if heads are damaged as long as ROM can be READ (as it could be on both of your drives).

Just use WDMarvel to retrieve the HDD Info if necessary.

Good luck !!!

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 17:33 
Offline

Joined: June 12th, 2018, 10:19
Posts: 15
Location: Brasil
Much obliged.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2019, 18:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
alemackson wrote:
Much obliged.


No problem !
:D

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 16th, 2019, 0:15 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 26th, 2014, 5:08
Posts: 128
Location: China
Spildit wrote:
alemackson wrote:
Hello, MRT's support staff via Skype guided me to look for the compatible LDR file so I could fix the problem.
I am using the original PCB, have moments that recognize all the information, but I can not create the LDR nor perform the extractor procedure, an error occurs.


MRT guys didn't "saw" te real problem of the drive and it was quite easy and commun .... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for your patience and generosity in helping others solve hdd issue with different tools. For the slow issue you posted here, I replied to him looking for correct ldr(no mentioning of ROM damage) because that is a universal process for unidentified WD, and also because that I dont have enough time to offer remote to every client requesting at the same time(actually, the period of the post was during a national-wide vacation in China) . SO what I want is to have him done loading module 11 and make a further diagnosis on the basis of his feedback. Back to the slow issue, if this is the only malfunction the drive has and you want to fix this issue with MRT, you can first disable module 02 then power off and on, clicking the button for wd slow issue, or clear related raw data in module 02 manually under the condition of module 02 first being disabled. Thanks again for your help in my absence.

_________________
MRT Express & Ultra, Professional Data Recovery Tool
Email & Skype: sales@mrtlab.com
Whatsup: +8615827155998


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEED ROM 0016008E - 16.8EG
PostPosted: January 16th, 2019, 18:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 10522
Location: Portugal
mrtpro wrote:
Spildit wrote:
alemackson wrote:
Hello, MRT's support staff via Skype guided me to look for the compatible LDR file so I could fix the problem.
I am using the original PCB, have moments that recognize all the information, but I can not create the LDR nor perform the extractor procedure, an error occurs.


MRT guys didn't "saw" te real problem of the drive and it was quite easy and commun .... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for your patience and generosity in helping others solve hdd issue with different tools. For the slow issue you posted here, I replied to him looking for correct ldr(no mentioning of ROM damage) because that is a universal process for unidentified WD, and also because that I dont have enough time to offer remote to every client requesting at the same time(actually, the period of the post was during a national-wide vacation in China) . SO what I want is to have him done loading module 11 and make a further diagnosis on the basis of his feedback. Back to the slow issue, if this is the only malfunction the drive has and you want to fix this issue with MRT, you can first disable module 02 then power off and on, clicking the button for wd slow issue, or clear related raw data in module 02 manually under the condition of module 02 first being disabled. Thanks again for your help in my absence.


No problem ...

Can you please help me out with this ?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37875

Is there any way with MRT to start a ST-10 drive from a "loader" (at least load the app code and the ATA overlay) and have the drive ready for image on DE from that point on ? On PC-3000 ACE does implement this method even to bypass the "pending bug" caused by CE log damage, etc .... one would drop the drive to F and loading resources from loader it's possible to image the drive directly on DE.

On MRT i can't find a way to get the drive to became drdy/dsc after loading the "loader" as it will be in terminal mode and in terminal mode on ST-10 it's not possible to access the drive by ATA.

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group