Everything related to MRT tools
Post a reply

MQ01BD100 Read Rom problem

April 11th, 2019, 9:53

I have a Toshiba MQ01ABD100.
Fw : AX1PSEAJ
PCB : G003235C
All CP files ok. .
HDD in good working condition. There is no problem. Just wanted to convert it to usb with ROM read and write to a chip. I don't want to desolder. I have killed similar drive before . I want backup Rom first.

I cannot read ROM with MRT. This is the first that cannot read toshiba drives. My settings 9600 ok. I have tested again another drives. Working with others. But cannot read this one.
Any suggestions,?

Re: MQ01BD100 Read Rom problem

April 12th, 2019, 8:59

I never used sediv

April 13th, 2019, 7:00

Spildit wrote:Do you have ANY other tool to test ? Maybe something like PC-3000, etc can read it ... i don't know ... i did never test with that specific model ...

Only MRT,

April 13th, 2019, 11:38

Spildit wrote:If you want to change PCB to SATA maybe you should ask someone to swap the ROM chip for you ? Someone that does know what he is doing ? It doesn't need to be an IT guy or a data recovery guy ... You just need to find someone that can repair electronic devices and properly solder surface mounted components ...

Or you can buy a PCB on a place that offer the service to move the ROM ...

I am trying to convert SATA to USB .Not usb to SATA. Bye the way it's not necessary for now. But there is a strange situation that couldn't read ROM for this drive. I can desolder and solder it easily .But I have killed 2 hdd around 200 good desoldering ROM transfer. I don't want kill this drive by mistake.
Thanks for response
Post a reply