All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 2:10 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 4th, 2012, 1:35
Posts: 2919
Location: Adelaide, Australia
You are totally welcome as a newbie. We commonly get newbies looking to start DR, "newbies" that just want to fix/recover their one hard disk never to return, Engineers or hard core hobbyists that want to flex their experience/knowledge muscles and everything in between.

What doesn't appear to be welcome is spam, hostility and flame wars about the usual topics.

Tip is to use the right forum section with relevant content and I cant see you will have a negative experience.

We are all newbies, just some have more experience than others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 21:55 
Offline

Joined: July 26th, 2017, 22:32
Posts: 8
Location: Tampa, Florida
Wow thanks, HaQues... I take note of what you have said.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 22:14 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: April 3rd, 2011, 0:19
Posts: 1639
Location: Providence, RI
anyware69 wrote:
I, my self is a newbie on this site. I am sure I have to learn and engage with fellow forumers. questions are am I welcome here?


Newbies are totally welcome....by about 85% of the people on here. The other 15% are going to drive you crazy by constantly trying to make you feel like you aren't a "professional" because you'll occasionally do stupid things which are risky and you didn't totally understand what you were doing. They'll tell you about a hundred times that you should "outsource" it since you "clearly don't know what you're doing". They'll constantly berate you for what you don't know while refusing to offer any meaningful help to improve your knowledge, and pretty much make you feel like crap for the next 5 to 10 years every time you interact with them.

But, did I mention the other 85% of guys on here? They're actually a really cool bunch who will give you the shirt off their back and teach you a lot of what you need to know to be successful in this business.

Welcome to the forum. :D

_________________
Hard Drive & RAID Data Recovery Services
https://www.data-medics.com/raid-data-recovery/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: July 28th, 2017, 7:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 26th, 2012, 19:18
Posts: 282
Location: England
Hey anyware69, welcome.

Totally agree with Haque and data-medics.

The only other thing that will certainly draw flame is to show up and ask a question such as
"i am new to data recovery and have a clients drive ..... what do?" or anything else that compromises DR tech/eng reputation by wilful neglect.

If you do experiment, do it on your own gear.

Plenty of free tools out there. you just need time, spare drives, curiosity and a persistent attitude.

Take the Red Pill, good luck and have fun :)

K

_________________
Когда хочется кушать – съешь всё.
Голод не тётка!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: August 6th, 2017, 21:46 
Offline

Joined: July 26th, 2017, 22:32
Posts: 8
Location: Tampa, Florida
Once again... Thanks for the welcome!

_________________
Programmer by day at 4WheelOnline, gigolo by night.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Newbies VS Pros
PostPosted: August 8th, 2017, 1:31 
Offline

Joined: July 26th, 2017, 22:32
Posts: 8
Location: Tampa, Florida
digitalferret, I will surely take note of that. Thanks

_________________
Programmer by day at 4WheelOnline, gigolo by night.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group