All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How much of your data recovery business is flash vs. other
PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 14:56 

I am evaluating whether I should invest in good flash recovery equipment to expand my data recovery services. My question is how much of your revenue (as a percent) is derived from flash recoveries versus conventional ones.

Shawn

Post subject: Re: How much of your data recovery business is flash vs. oth
PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 17:02 

Hi Shawn. These figures are going to be skewed. Most DR Shops that I know personally will take jobs based on what skills and equipment they have. Also they advertise and promote the same. If you were to invest in good Flash tools, you would ned to invest a sizeable amount of time in Flash research and self tuition as well. You have to really decide if you want to dedicate a tech or relinquish a good chunk of your time you would have for other recoveries to flash.

I am always surprised how little flash recoveries are out there compared to the billions of flash products in service.

Flash is fun, rewarding and you need to be always researching/training.. but also quite time intensive.

not really an answer to your question, sorry, but more a continuation of the discussion.

BUT... if you are going to do any flash recoveries, an investment in tools you mention is a must. You will not get many recoveries that you wont need good tools. Really there are only 3 to choose from anyway! ;-)