All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD support forum
PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 18:28 

People are actually dumping sediv logs on WD support site!!

Nuts.......if you ever want to kill data recovery and move it seriously underground this is the way to go.

The never ending amount of "junk ware" and open information that is being produced will cause a shift in manufactures mentality....which has already started BTW.

Post subject: Re: WD support forum
PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 6:11 

guru wrote:

Nuts.......if you ever want to kill data recovery and move it seriously underground this is the way to go.

The never ending amount of "junk ware" and open information that is being produced will cause a shift in manufactures mentality....which has already started BTW.

Well,
There Are Only 2 Guys to Blame IMHO :D

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 9:43 

Spildit wrote:
Amarbir wrote:
Well,

Only 2 ?
And do you mind to tell us who those nasty 2 guys are ?

Lol,
Me And Guru Haa Haa Haa :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 11:39 

In all fairness the vendor commands and proprietary information is researched by people who spend a lot of time reversing the microcode on these devices. This info is then used to create great tools such as PC3000 and HRT which are purchased by data recovery companies at great cost.

Now, many people are just analysing and copying the codes from these great hardware products and producing "CRAPWARE" which is dumped cheaply on the Internet for anyone to buy. This hurts the original developers....

There are some fantastic things that you can do with HDD's that will not see the light of day, and that's probably a good thing....

This is a general observation and not directed to any particular group or person.

PostPosted: May 12th, 2015, 15:07 

guru wrote:

Why do you think that SeDiv is junkware?

BTW, here is thread where PC3000 junkware was unable to do something as simple as dumping on old, well understood 16MB Samsung NAND flash IC (whose datasheet is publicly available):

viewtopic.php?t=31151&p=216296#p216296

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 10:22 

Spildit wrote:
Amarbir wrote:
Spildit wrote:
Amarbir wrote:
Well,

Only 2 ?
And do you mind to tell us who those nasty 2 guys are ?

Lol,
Me And Guru Haa Haa Haa :mrgreen:

Why do I got this feeling that you were talking of me as well ?

If it's so bad for the "industry" that people like do research and publish the vendor secrets then i guess that I should stop helping "pros" like you in particular with things like finding a string of text with hex editor...

I don't see why some pros complain so much about this sort of public revealing of information when they are at the same time gaining something from my posts...

Wouldn't it be unreasonable ?

Comeon Spildit ,
You Understand The Meaning Of Lounge :D .

Question : If it's so bad for the "industry" that people like do research and publish the vendor secrets then i guess that I should stop helping "pros" like you in particular with things like finding a string of text with hex editor...
Answer : Its just That i Had a Junk Hex Editor Installed And Was Not Able To Find It and Felt Baffled .I Would Like To Explain You Something Specifically .You Or Me " Lets Just Talk About Each Other " . We Are Not Masters "Even You Learn From Some Place Then Experiment " .You Are More Active On The Forums Some Like us Are Not .The Info You Collect You Like To Maintain It In a Forum We Do Not .Long Long Time Ago " Ask BlackST " I Had a HD Forum .But in The Middle i Could Not Pursue This For 2 Years And We Closed It .So Chill Down And Take a Comment In The Right Positive Manner .

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 10:25 

fzabkar wrote:
guru wrote:

Why do you think that SeDiv is junkware?

BTW, here is thread where PC3000 junkware was unable to do something as simple as dumping on old, well understood 16MB Samsung NAND flash IC (whose datasheet is publicly available):

viewtopic.php?t=31151&p=216296#p216296

Frank ,
PC3000 = Junkware Lol :D .So What if it Could Not Do This .It Can Do Hundred Of Other Things

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 15:05 

A Volkswagen is not a bad car simply because it is not a Porsche. I can imagine how the toffs in their Bugattis and Daimlers must have felt when they had to share the roads, and the privilege of driving, with the Volk in their Wagens. (@Amarbir: That's not Word Case, BTW. It's actually how Germans spell their nouns.)

ISTM that this thread is really just a disingenuous complaint about tools such as SeDiv which have lowered the price of admission to an exclusive club. I wonder if the OP has actually used this tool. In fact I know of one person who bought HRT, left it unused in its original box for a decade, sold it without having used it, and then still proclaimed its virtues.

In this thread we have a person who proclaims himself to be a data recovery professional, and who has been a forum member for nearly a decade, yet it appears that in the past week he has used a hex editor for the very first time. Amarbir, the hex editor that baffled you is not junk. Please refrain from bashing it. Your inability to locate a text string in a binary file is simply a case of PEBKAC. In fact I see that you've set up another thread to bash MRT Lab. It seems that you're not having much success with your tools.

As for my own junkware rebuttal, your response is typical of a blind Ace Lab fanboy. If your MRT Lab tool failed to read a "jelly bean" memory chip, as it appears that the PC3K tool has failed to do, then you would be setting up yet another thread to bash it. In fact I suspect that the OP in that other thread could probably read his chip with a $10 MacGyver kit from eBay.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 15:48 

fzabkar wrote:
A Volkswagen is not a bad car simply because it is not a Porsche. I can imagine how the toffs in their Bugattis and Daimlers must have felt when they had to share the roads, and the privilege of driving, with the Volk in their Wagens. (@Amarbir: That's not Word Case, BTW. It's actually how Germans spell their nouns.)

ISTM that this thread is really just a disingenuous complaint about tools such as SeDiv which have lowered the price of admission to an exclusive club. I wonder if the OP has actually used this tool. In fact I know of one person who bought HRT, left it unused in its original box for a decade, sold it without having used it, and then still proclaimed its virtues.

In this thread we have a person who proclaims himself to be a data recovery professional, and who has been a forum member for nearly a decade, yet it appears that in the past week he has used a hex editor for the very first time. Amarbir, the hex editor that baffled you is not junk. Please refrain from bashing it. Your inability to locate a text string in a binary file is simply a case of PEBKAC. In fact I see that you've set up another thread to bash MRT Lab. It seems that you're not having much success with your tools.

As for my own junkware rebuttal, your response is typical of a blind Ace Lab fanboy. If your MRT Lab tool failed to read a "jelly bean" memory chip, as it appears that the PC3K tool has failed to do, then you would be setting up yet another thread to bash it. In fact I suspect that the OP in that other thread could probably read his chip with a $10 MacGyver kit from eBay.

Well,
No one can reason with you and spildit . I am not bashing MRT .I have 2 Tools From Them In My Lab .I have a problem with 1 Hardware .Rest all the post i have made in the MRT section have substance in them . You will see a lot of my posts in that section soon .

PS : You and spildit will not get a response from me as simple as that From Now On .I did not want to use winhex "which is my primary tool and was experimenting with that new hex editor [ When i could not find the serial it in via a simple search tool i was baffled ] . Can you tell me how we poor mortals can prove to you that we have some knowledge of Hex editors ? . Let me know that as you both have taken notice of my post and as typical of you are thrashing me left and right .What do you both want me so say

1 : You have more knowledge then me
2 : I am Not a Data Recovery Professional
3 : I do not know how to use a hex editor [ well i remember i used to write TSR + Virus Vaccines In School With Turbo C + Inline assembly And Use Norton Utilities Hex Editor in Those Donkey Time ] .
4 : i Do Not Have Much Knowledge of My Tools

If a Yes makes you happy so be it lol .Sleep tight you just nailed me lol again .

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 16:16 

Spildit wrote:
Amarbir wrote:
No one can reason with you and spildit .

For the record, you posted this as the 2nd post of the thread :

Amarbir wrote:
guru wrote:

Well,

I assumed that you were talking about me, blaming me for posting stuff/research that would "shift in manufactures mentality" and "move data recovery seriously underground".

If that was not the case, i'm sorry, but your post looked like you were somehow "acusing" 2 people of the forum for "sharing" information. That's it.

And if that was indeed the case i don't think that you should be using our help and complaining for the fact that we share knowledge, can you understand that ?

No hard feelings. Just relax and go open some drives.

Nonesense ,
This post was in the lounge .You understand what a lounge is " you relax here " . You have Fun here with your friends and people who are likeminded

PostPosted: May 13th, 2015, 17:44 

I haven't used Sediv, I have no need. However, some people say it's better than most. Some even say it was coded without ripping off other developers hard work. If true, great. Let's hope no one starts spreading patched/unlocked versions of it.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2015, 8:04 

Spildit wrote:
What i find to be very amusing is that while REAL (competent) data recovery professionals have some "background" and solid ground to discorage D-I-Y fix on dying drives there are "data recovery professionals" that are called that way and want to be part of that group just because they have MRT, PC-3000, whatever + a open business.

While it's BAD for a general user to make some attempts of D-I-Y fix on drives ruining the chances of possible recovery as often demonstrated on this forum, what i found to be ridiculouse is people who open a business without any solid ground at all, and ask clients to send them drives for a fix, when they show again and again that they have way less knowledge then they should. Not only are they compromizing the data on the clients drives but also using the public information and relying on the forums and on the help of people like me to cash in some easy money.

And the funniest of all is when those users still post "oh ... do not do-it-yourself" "send it to someone with experience" !!!

What the hack is going on ?

How to tell what a real pro is and is not ? Got it ?

If someone with lots of money buys medical equipment will they be a doctor even if they don't evne know how to read ? And what moral will have that doctor to advice patients to go to a real doctor "like him" ?

As a matter of fact there are a huge amount of professional data recovery techs here at the forum with open business and recieving hard drives every day that would/will/are doing even worse that i would ever do without a single tool.

All of those years at the forums and experimenting were of use to known my limitations and when i should stop and if it's really possible or not to proceed with a Do-It-Yourself fix, while other people with open stores and data recovery business will have no chance except to gamble with the clients data, and then with very cinical and hypocrite attitude have the gutts to come here bashing people like me that try to help (including themselfs) with big lectures about compromising the future of data recovery and helping to destroy drives from the poor clients that are trying to fix them by their own, while they are leeching the forum for "sollutions" to apply their own and cash in !!!

No further comments to add, it would be unreasonable.

It's that sort of thing that only people that don't want to see will not be able to see ...

Well,
I really wanted to reply point wise but i will not just to make it short and sweet .Sir i started electronics as a hobby in class 3rd in school right now i am about 40 years old .My current profile includes Data Recovery + Repairing [ Medical , Industrial , Telecom ,IT ,Etc ] Products + Trading Of Soldering And Desoldering Material , Test And Measurement Instruments , Electronic Projects And Training Kits , Electronics And Electrical Tools , Books For Repair Technicians And Electronic Components .I Maintain My Own Ebay India Store With Approx 6000 + Orders - > http://stores.ebay.in/lynx-india . I Also Maintain My own website where i have executed more then 18000+ orders - > http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?ukey=home .I have Repaired More Then 50000 Products Till Date And Reached More Then 13000 DATA Recoveries .I Maintain My Own Youtube Channel - > https://www.youtube.com/user/lynxgroupblog And My Own Facebook Page For My Company -> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynx-Ind ... 6592699058 .I Also Have a Forum For My Clients And Fans .Till This Age i Have Been Able To Do This Only .

PS : I Hate to say that such a brutal and direct attach on someonce credibility does hurt someone who has really struggled hard to reach such a level .This shows what kinda man you really are in heart .Slowly you will find more time devotion by me on the forum and some small time tutorials regarding to electronics and data recovery .

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 8:04 

Hello,
Sediv WD and Toshiba is the Best software, no one can compare sediv with other tools,

Sediv also have solution for WD latest firmware Encrypted drives, you can also solve this issue by WDR OR wd marevel

Wait for our data Extractor with Windows 8 support, you will say that Sediv is best then any other software. :)

Don't say Sediv is junk without using it. :(

If company lock any thing the many people can find the solution for that.

Regards
Waqas Ali

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 15:53 

guru wrote:
In all fairness the vendor commands and proprietary information is researched by people who spend a lot of time reversing the microcode on these devices. This info is then used to create great tools such as PC3000 and HRT which are purchased by data recovery companies at great cost.

Now, many people are just analysing and copying the codes from these great hardware products and producing "CRAPWARE" which is dumped cheaply on the Internet for anyone to buy. This hurts the original developers....

There was a post where someone (Doomer?) suggested that ALL firmware level data recovery tools were based on stolen or leaked information. Also, ISTR a post where you yourself complained that Ace Lab had ripped off your own company's research.

Someone might question the irony of protecting the IP of hackers aka developers.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 17:18 

I don't think I specificly said Sediv is junk. Send me a copy and let me see ;)

waqas_ali766 wrote:
Hello,
Sediv WD and Toshiba is the Best software, no one can compare sediv with other tools,

Sediv also have solution for WD latest firmware Encrypted drives, you can also solve this issue by WDR OR wd marevel

Wait for our data Extractor with Windows 8 support, you will say that Sediv is best then any other software. :)

Regards
Waqas Ali

PostPosted: May 15th, 2015, 17:31 

You just don't get it. It's a case of "bite the hand that feeds you".I can see this turning into a never ending ring buffer...so I'm out, peace :arrow:

fzabkar wrote:
guru wrote:

There was a post where someone (Doomer?) suggested that ALL firmware level data recovery tools were based on stolen or leaked information. Also, ISTR a post where you yourself complained that Ace Lab had ripped off your own company's research.

Someone might question the irony of protecting the IP of hackers aka developers.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2015, 11:49 

waqas_ali766 wrote:
Hello,

Regards
Waqas Ali

Ali ,
Send Me a Demo Link Of WD Sediv .Would Like To Try it Out