Switch to full style
General discussions, chit-chat
Post a reply

Good Day In Data Recovery

November 21st, 2016, 20:40

Today worked out well. Had a customer who needed data back off a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina SSD. The SSD was fine but the laptop had failed and wouldn't even power on. Genius Bar said they couldn't fix it. I asked the customer what he planned to do with the laptop since I knew he had just bought a new one. He said he planned to take it to the shooting range and use it for target practice. So I offered to copy the data off the SSD in exchange for the broken laptop. He loved the idea and immediately agreed.

After he took his data and left I took apart the laptop, cleaned and reconnected everything, plugged in a new charger, and BAM! it started charging again and booted right up. I think the issue may have just been a loose connection or a finicky safety switch under the bottom cover.

So for two hours of copying data I now have one of these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbo ... :212,loc:2

That's a quick profit.

Re: Good Day In Data Recovery

November 22nd, 2016, 2:54

data-medics wrote:Today worked out well. Had a customer who needed data back off a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina SSD. The SSD was fine but the laptop had failed and wouldn't even power on. Genius Bar said they couldn't fix it. I asked the customer what he planned to do with the laptop since I knew he had just bought a new one. He said he planned to take it to the shooting range and use it for target practice. So I offered to copy the data off the SSD in exchange for the broken laptop. He loved the idea and immediately agreed.

After he took his data and left I took apart the laptop, cleaned and reconnected everything, plugged in a new charger, and BAM! it started charging again and booted right up. I think the issue may have just been a loose connection or a finicky safety switch under the bottom cover.

So for two hours of copying data I now have one of these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbo ... :212,loc:2

That's a quick profit.

Oh Goddy ,
Jared this was a steal brother ,You nailed it with a decent proposal :D
Post a reply