All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tip for pricing
PostPosted: May 28th, 2018, 8:34 

Hello guys,
I hope I have created this post in the correct category.
I come in search of help for price formation, or at least have a basic idea, a starting point to formulate the value of my services.
I know that each case is a case, some are easier, others are more difficult.
I believe the price of the service will be based on the difficulty to recover the data. Besides the difficulty, we also count on the amount of data that the client requests to recover.

What do I basically need to consider (factors) to set my price?
Could anyone give me some basic tips so that I can come to the conclusion of a value for the service that I will provide?
Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Tip for pricing
PostPosted: May 28th, 2018, 9:10 

To start, you need to check your market. 100€ could be a low value and for your economy can be expensive.
After you know this, you can decide the prices.
There are logical problems, firmware problems, PCB problems, head problems, etc, etc and some are more hard to deal than others. Also the access to parts can make the price go up or not...

PostPosted: May 28th, 2018, 9:14 

Many of us post our pricing tiers on our websites, so you could just try referencing other companies in your country/region.

Example pricing pages:

Our data recovery prices
Recovery force's pricing
Platinum Data Recovery's Prices

As you can see different companies break out the tiers differently and the prices can vary a lot based on the region.

I personally think charging by the Gb is a terrible idea. It's likely to alienate a lot of customers who might bring in easy cases with a lot of data. Or it'll lead to never ending negotiation about what files the customer actually needs back and is willing to pay for (despite the fact you may have it all recovered anyway).

I prefer to just add on an extra once the HDD size is larger than 2Tb. I just add $50 for each TB over 2Tb sized drive. That way if it's a full 8Tb drive I'm billing an extra $300 for the added time. But, I'll usually offer to waive that fee if the drive has very little data on it and it's a hardware case. For logical though, still got to scan 8Tb so it always applies if I've got to do any lost/deleted scanning.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2018, 15:56 

data-medics wrote:
Many of us post our pricing tiers on our websites, so you could just try referencing other companies in your country/region.

Example pricing pages:

Our data recovery prices
Recovery force's pricing
Platinum Data Recovery's Prices

As you can see different companies break out the tiers differently and the prices can vary a lot based on the region.

I personally think charging by the Gb is a terrible idea. It's likely to alienate a lot of customers who might bring in easy cases with a lot of data. Or it'll lead to never ending negotiation about what files the customer actually needs back and is willing to pay for (despite the fact you may have it all recovered anyway).

I prefer to just add on an extra once the HDD size is larger than 2Tb. I just add $50 for each TB over 2Tb sized drive. That way if it's a full 8Tb drive I'm billing an extra $300 for the added time. But, I'll usually offer to waive that fee if the drive has very little data on it and it's a hardware case. For logical though, still got to scan 8Tb so it always applies if I've got to do any lost/deleted scanning.

Hello,
His tip was perfect.
It helped a lot.
Thank you!