Switch to full style
General discussions, chit-chat
Post a reply

Spildit?

October 23rd, 2020, 11:25

Anyone know what has happened with Spildit? Pretty much no activity this year at all on this forum and before the hddoracle forum started giving warnings in Chrome this week, the last logon date was June 21, 2020.

Re: Spildit?

October 26th, 2020, 7:56

I am wondering too.

October 27th, 2020, 8:07

his hddoracle become like this :evil:

The site ahead contains harmful programs
Attackers on http://www.hddoracle.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit). Learn more

Help improve security on the web for everyone by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

October 27th, 2020, 9:53

agent007 wrote:his hddoracle become like this :evil:

The site ahead contains harmful programs
Attackers on http://www.hddoracle.com might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit). Learn more

Help improve security on the web for everyone by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

If you use a Microsoft browser, you don't get that message.

October 27th, 2020, 10:33

Chrome sucks more every day ...

October 27th, 2020, 17:53

Firefox is giving the same warning, based on Google. I think Google has not liked http://www.hddoracle.com for awhile. In the past I tried searching on Google for exact text from some forum posts from there, and there were no results, indicating that Google was ignoring any result from the site. I do wonder what happened to Spildit.

October 27th, 2020, 18:17

Since I distribute software via my site, my own, on 2 occasions people received that warning then visiting it. Google webmaster tools proved completely useless as they offered no insight what-so-ever in what exactly triggered the warning. Their support consists of volunteer driven forums who gave me the same canned answers as their FAQs, utterly useless. Through a 3rd party tool I was finally able to determine the culprit. Absolutely ridiculous that I need a 3rd party tool to tell me about a problem Google has with my website. The file was clean according to VirusTotal.

Through a webform I asked them to verify my site again after they made me state I removed offending files (I didn't) and some other things I didn't do. After that I received word Google found no threats on my website, on which *nothing* had been fixed or changed.

December 3rd, 2020, 17:46

Any luck finding our man?
--

December 4th, 2020, 8:14

Well,
I hope he is well fit and fine

December 4th, 2020, 13:47

He is from Portugal, and I've read somewhere he works at a pharmacy. Perhaps with all this Covid19 drama he is swamped at work.

January 28th, 2021, 19:07

BUZZZZ!

February 4th, 2021, 11:57

According to who.is, hddoracle last update was on 2021-01-25 and expires on 2022-02-09, so hopefully he is just too busy to post.

February 4th, 2021, 12:16

otako wrote:According to who.is, hddoracle last update was on 2021-01-25 and expires on 2022-02-09, so hopefully he is just too busy to post.

That can be auto updated. What concerns me is the last time his account was used on his forum:

Last visited:Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:37 pm

March 8th, 2021, 15:59

man has just disappeared!

March 12th, 2021, 21:20

#bringbackspildit

March 17th, 2021, 8:34

He put a lot into this community for a long time and I as well would like to know that he is at least OK, purely out of concern. Spildit, hope you are ok mate.

March 18th, 2021, 16:42

Seems he login few days ago....
Attachments
Spildit.JPG

March 25th, 2021, 1:03

hdd_sand wrote:Seems he login few days ago....

Maybe, or worst case scenario, someone going through his computer did.

March 25th, 2021, 12:11

HaQue wrote:

Yikes! Let's hope not!

March 25th, 2021, 12:45

HaQue wrote:

It is a bit concerning that he'd log onto hddguru once and not onto his own forum at least once in the past year.
Post a reply