All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What soldering setup do you use?
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 14:49 

Hello I've been looking into getting a new SMD soldering setup. I'm new to soldering SMD chips, closest Ive done is removing non socketed PLCC bios chips from motherboards and socketing them. I havent done any reflow soldering but am interested in it. I was wondering what some of you guys use in your chip swaps on HDD PCB's. Ive been looking around at reflow ovens, IRDA rework stations, and the cheaper hot air stations. Do any of you have any experience with any of the setups they have on Ebay? I'm not looking to spend a thousand dollars, but would like to get something descent for a beginner to learn on and also be useful to me when I'm better. I have a problem with technology hard-ons, you know, oooo this ones got an LCD and lots more buttons lets get it instead of the one without that can do the same job. I'm trying not to do that with this, though its very hard to do looking at some of the setups they have. Any help or advice from anyone would be appreciated. Also anybody know of some good online reading material about reflow soldering? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: What soldering setup do you use?
PostPosted: May 23rd, 2008, 15:21 

Just buy a Hot Station and a good soldering iron , use a good quality soldering wire . Thats it !