Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Re: New version of R-Studio

February 21st, 2012, 11:22

A new build of R-Studio: improved processing of hardlinks in ExtFS to make recognition of the file/folder structure more accurate.

February 22nd, 2012, 2:53

Hello
R-studio is improving day by day ,but cpu utilization of program is high ,often pc hangs up needs to restarted. Like similar programs updates should be free.

February 22nd, 2012, 8:08

If you go to start>programs>R-Studio isnt there a software update program?

February 22nd, 2012, 8:14

Yes but it rarely works for me. Updating is a pain in the ass because new updates dont accept registration keys from previous version.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:08

is there XFS support yet?

February 22nd, 2012, 10:29

HDD Spaz wrote:is there XFS support yet?

We are working on that.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:38

TaskManager wrote:Like similar programs updates should be free.

hddguy wrote:Yes but it rarely works for me. Updating is a pain in the ass because new updates dont accept registration keys from previous version.

Our updade policy is the following: Within one year from the date of purchase, all updates (even to a new version) are free. Then one has to purchase an extended support for another year at a reduced price. (See FAQ 3 for details).
If the period of support still intact, but a new version/build of R-Studio doesn't accept your key, please contact our sales department with this question.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:08

Love the product. Cost is reasonable. Love to upgrade but this system is a royal pain in the ass! Gee... what credit card was that two years ago...hmmm... Update/ renewal really needs rethinking. Too much bother to do until I must.

February 23rd, 2012, 1:25

Good news, R-studio really works for the most people, and i like it too

June 7th, 2012, 15:11

A new version of R-Studio is released with several very useful and interesting features like simultaneous imaging/scan, file recovery lists for remote decision on which files are to recover and which aren’t to, RAID consistency check, image and scan info files on remote computers. See more on our Forum.

June 8th, 2012, 4:23

Alt(R-TT) wrote:A new version of R-Studio is released with several very useful and interesting features like simultaneous imaging/scan, file recovery lists for remote decision on which files are to recover and which aren’t to, RAID consistency check, image and scan info files on remote computers. See more on our Forum.

I see its v6 now
I've just purchased it & look forward to using it.

Loki

June 8th, 2012, 6:19

loki wrote:
Alt(R-TT) wrote:A new version of R-Studio is released with several very useful and interesting features like simultaneous imaging/scan, file recovery lists for remote decision on which files are to recover and which aren’t to, RAID consistency check, image and scan info files on remote computers. See more on our Forum.

I see its v6 now
I've just purchased it & look forward to using it.

Loki

I like the file list creation, just save it as a .doc etc that way you get a folder structure + its file name per line
Just been testing raid5 recovery part of the software with 2 images & a missing disk. Worked great.
Does it support HP RAID5 delay?

Loki

June 11th, 2012, 8:17

loki wrote:I like the file list creation, just save it as a .doc etc that way you get a folder structure + its file name per line
Just been testing raid5 recovery part of the software with 2 images & a missing disk. Worked great.

It does support this, but it is a lot of manual work. It would be nice for R-Studio to add an extra line for the number of delayed parity blocks, to help speed up the process.

June 11th, 2012, 8:47

I got a few custom layouts I have saved as templates for HP RAID, from 3 disk to 6 disk RAID.

It takes a long time to get it right, 1 mistake and its got to be done from scratch. :(

June 11th, 2012, 17:12

I've always loved the simplicity and power of the R-Studio stuff. I'm curious as to how well the "RAID consistency check" tool works.

June 12th, 2012, 3:47

harddriverecovery wrote: I'm curious as to how well the "RAID consistency check" tool works.

My guess is its a simple check for XOR assuming all disks are present

June 13th, 2012, 4:47

hddguy wrote:
harddriverecovery wrote: I'm curious as to how well the "RAID consistency check" tool works.

My guess is its a simple check for XOR assuming all disks are present

And Reed-Solomon, too, if applicable.
People ask us to add this feature to be able to understand, for example, where RAID rebuilding failed on the RAID volume.

June 13th, 2012, 4:52

hddguy wrote:I got a few custom layouts I have saved as templates for HP RAID, from 3 disk to 6 disk RAID.

It takes a long time to get it right, 1 mistake and its got to be done from scratch. :(

If someone shares those templates with us, we'll be able to create a general template for R-Studio.

June 13th, 2012, 4:58

loki wrote:
I like the file list creation, just save it as a .doc etc that way you get a folder structure + its file name per line

Loki

It's a LF/CR problem, we'll address it in the next build.

June 13th, 2012, 5:47

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
hddguy wrote:I got a few custom layouts I have saved as templates for HP RAID, from 3 disk to 6 disk RAID.

If someone shares those templates with us, we'll be able to create a general template for R-Studio.

Will definitely be useful :)
Post a reply