All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: upto 1 year Old Data Recovery - Please Help
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 6:03 

Hello Folks,
I have a quite bad situation,
First the Background:
My Seagate External 1 TB Desktop Hard Disk Dropped by mistake from my CPU while i was working on it, post which my HDD stopped responding and all i can hear is a small humming sound from the inside (not clicking sound), The hard disk is not detecting any more and the Data Recovery guys are asking "unimaginable amount" to restore my data.

Hence my only one option i have is to try and recover Data from my othe Desktop HDD which is working fine till date (touch wood), Just to let you know that I've had formatted my other Desktop HDD several times and hence the Data in question here i am asking goes back to 6 months or a year,

I would really appreciate and thank to those who can advise/help me a software where in i can get & restore data as long back as 1 year from my Desktop HDD.

Please HELP!!!!! :-(

Post subject: Re: upto 1 year Old Data Recovery - Please Help
PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 8:38 

No big chances to find anything back if you wrote other data to that drive.
You could use Get Data Back or Rstudio, but the chances are near to zero after one year of use.

Dobre

Datarecovery in Belgium, Holland, France and Germany
Datarecoverytools http://www.drtools.eu

PostPosted: November 16th, 2009, 21:53 

Try a forensic progam this might be able to help you out on this one. I do not think it will get all your data back but you might find some and maybe not find any at all. Second choice is to take you seagate to a DR company and have them unstick your spindle motor and see what other damage is done if all like heads touching platter if running and things like this.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2009, 1:29 

Hello Poehere & Dobrevjetser,

I really appreciate your valuable inputs, yeah you guys are right, i tried get data back and then just got meagre amount of data, however would like to know if there are any forensic software available to run one more try on it.

yes i tried to get the drive at seagate and since they are outsourced here in mumbai , they will not do any DR, Further when i cheked with renowned DR companies here they said very exorbitant amount starting from 35000 INR (757.658 USD).

I am broke at that even though the data os of utmost important but that kind of amount is too heavy for me to shelll out, hence i am trying alternative ways --- But hey you guys are awesome i am really pleased to see that some one like you guys really take effort to help --- KUDOS!!!!