All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: New version of R-Studio
PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 12:10 

drc wrote:
Well, I would buy it, but I can accept that I'm in the minority.

Me too :)

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2012, 13:29 

With JFS1/2 or whatever it is, the irritating problem is the testbed. Where do we find AIX, how do we install it on the hardware, how do we tell JFS1 from JFS2 and if there are variations thereof. Also, where do we find real-life test cases for it?

OK that was actually sort of a rant. Anyway we cannot do any of these at the moment because we have our hands full with Storage Spaces. Maybe later someday.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2012, 9:48 

With 3 and 4 terabyte drives available to consumers, the number of files on a drive is increasing exponentially. Pictures, home videos, downloaded movies, music, books etc. all on one drive. Isn't the 32bit memory model becoming a problem? How about a truly 64bit version of R-Studio that really takes advantage of the 64 bit memory model and perhaps improves performance at the same time? Mac, Windows and Linux ALL support 64 bit architecture now. From what I have seen most applications will run on 64 bit systems but are still 32 bit applications underneath with all of the 32 bit limitations.

Does R-Studio take advantage of multi-core processors? If not, could it? Would it help the performance issues that have been voiced above?

TonyC

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2012, 8:50 

tonyc wrote:
With 3 and 4 terabyte drives available to consumers, the number of files on a drive is increasing exponentially. Pictures, home videos, downloaded movies, music, books etc. all on one drive. Isn't the 32bit memory model becoming a problem? How about a truly 64bit version of R-Studio that really takes advantage of the 64 bit memory model and perhaps improves performance at the same time? Mac, Windows and Linux ALL support 64 bit architecture now. From what I have seen most applications will run on 64 bit systems but are still 32 bit applications underneath with all of the 32 bit limitations.

Does R-Studio take advantage of multi-core processors? If not, could it? Would it help the performance issues that have been voiced above?

TonyC

R-Studio has supported the 64-bit architecture since I don't even remember when. The launcher detects if this is a 32- or 64-bit system, and launch the according core.
R-Studio also supports multi-core processors.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2012, 22:40 

Thanks for the information.

TonyC

Post subject: New version of R-Studio
PostPosted: December 27th, 2012, 7:56 

A new build of R-Studio: a new file previewer that that supports additional file formats: Adobe Acrobat pdf, Microsoft Office documents doc, xls, ppt (Office 97-2003), docx, xlsx, pptx (no installed MS Office required), and a lot of bugfixes. Fixed are: processing of user’s Known File Types, RAID layout files, work with custom’s RAID layouts, and many more: R-Studio 6.1.153547.

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 6:50 

Just found a bug in version 6.1.153547

You can save all file names to file ok but when you try to load file names and mark from file nothing happens?

Also are you planning on doing a file list in html with check boxes & expandable + for folders? like Deepspars OPS http://www.deepspar.com/DeepSparOperati ... rview.html

This would be great if you did as the customer could then select the files via check boxes which we could then load & recover their files.

Loki

PostPosted: January 5th, 2013, 9:45 

Thanks for reporting. We're urgently fixing this bug.

And thanks for the interesting idea about the html.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 12:34 

A great step for R-Studio Technician: a new version provides integration with DeepSpar Disk Imager (DDI). In this integration, DDI provides a low-level fine-tuned access to a malfunctioning hard drive, whereas R-Studio serves as a data recovery front-end with a convenient interface and a bunch of advanced data recovery algorithms. DDI disks appear in the Drives panel of R-Studio as regular disk objects and can be processed as such. For example, they can be included into RAID objects. Moreover, there may be several DDI systems connected to R-Studio, and their respective disks will appear independently for processing.

An important feature of this integration: disk imaging and analyzing are performed simultaneously. That is, any sector R-Studio accesses on the source disk will be immediately copied to a clone disk and any other data recovery operation for those sectors will be made from that clone disk avoiding further deterioration of the source disk and great reduction in processing time. Read more on (Integration with Hard Drive Recovery Hardware.

Other new features: support for ReFS and Windows 2012 Server. And several bugfixes, including the bug with the file recovery lists.

Read more at our forum: R-Studio 6.2.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2013, 15:35 

Neat feature. I would like to vote again for XFS support. Even if it was an extra-cost add-on or something. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: April 27th, 2013, 13:49 

Our new version supports nested and enhanced RAIDs: RAID10 (1+0), RAID1E, RAID5E, RAID5EE, RAID6E. See more at our forum: R-Studio 6.3.153957.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2013, 3:22 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
Our new version supports nested and enhanced RAIDs: RAID10 (1+0), RAID1E, RAID5E, RAID5EE, RAID6E. See more at our forum: R-Studio 6.3.153957.

Useless , all this could be reached using custom configurations. And hot-spare drive usuly goes last one (for 5EE) .
You would better guys concentrate your efforts on xfs , vmfs , zfs file systems , because you began to lose considerably more than your main competitors

PostPosted: April 30th, 2013, 6:33 

With all due respect, Dr. Kiev, 5EE is the one with integrated hot spare, that is, no dedicated hot spare disk, like

Code:
1 2 P X
3 P X 4
P X 5 6

where P is parity of the two data blocks, and X is spare (zeros if you start with blank drives)

PostPosted: April 30th, 2013, 8:56 

ReclaiMe wrote:
With all due respect, Dr. Kiev, 5EE is the one with integrated hot spare, that is, no dedicated hot spare disk, like

Code:
1 2 P X
3 P X 4
P X 5 6

where P is parity of the two data blocks, and X is spare (zeros if you start with blank drives)

I meant the same.
But in r-studio config is not like you showed (X spare disk is last in the sentence).

PostPosted: May 29th, 2013, 3:37 

The new Mac version of R-Studio equals now in features to its Windows counterpart (except DDI support). See more at our Forum: R-Studio for Mac 3.1.1520.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2013, 6:55 

Here arrives R-Studio for Linux. Now all our R-Studio's are equal in their features (except DDI support). R-Studio for Linux 2.1.476.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2013, 17:50 

A new bugfix build: a lot of bugfixes, including several possible freezes, crashes, and failures to copy objects. See more: R-Studio 6.3 build 154023

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 11:12 

I have been using the latest version and still receive crashes and freezes. Most of the crashes happen after double clicking a partition or "extra found files" after a scan and it starts to parse through the many files. Last one that comes to mind was 4TB drive, so I don't know if that plays into it. The freezes seem to happen during mid scan and normally at the same location.

I noticed that he newer version finds many more files. The last one we had that we were unable to finish the scan(due to the app freezing) was at 60m+ "files". Most of which are garbage.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 19:45 

Quote:
60m+ "files"

How much RAM do you have / is R-Studio using ?

You could always send the crash report back to r-tt.
I have found them to be both helpful and informative on crash issues, usually a quick response too.

Kern

PostPosted: September 5th, 2013, 9:47 

I think it was using ~750MB when crashed. I'll try to save the reports. I think the machine has 4 or 6GB of ram...Not in front of it at the moment.

I just found another bug... If you add the path to the directory viewer, it sometimes displays the wrong path. In this case I was browsing by "File Extension" and did show path and the path was completely wrong for the files I was looking for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next