All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: New version of R-Studio
PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 15:28 

A new R-Stuido build: Improved Windows Storage Spaces processing: if their parents have time-inconsistent databases, the last valid database is selected, and some bugfixes.

PostPosted: October 10th, 2015, 17:15 

A new build of R-Studio for Mac, keeping up with the Windows counterpart: improved Windows Storage Space processing, small changes in custom RAID creation, and some bugfixes.

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2015, 18:24 

New builds of R-Studio for Windows and Linux: an improved raw file recovery algorithm and checked file signature database, + some bugfixes.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 14:44 

A new version of R-Studio: Support for Windows Storage Space created or updated by Windows 10 Threshold2 and unsynced Windows software RAIDs. A new format for RAID layout description files which allows R-Studio to automatically load actual RAID parents. Old RAID layout description files are still supported. + many bugfixes.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 9:33 

A new version of R-Studio for Mac, keeping up with R-Studio for Windows: Support for Windows Storage Spaces (Win10 Threshold 2), unsync Windows Software RAIDs, new RAID description files, new advanced algorithms for exFAT partition and raw file recovery + improvements and bugfixes.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 14:42 

New build of R-Studio for Mac: detecting PCI device id, fixed interpretation of LDM images, and some cosmetic bugfixes.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 17:13 

R-studio is so buggy now it's almost unusable (or at least, not worth being used as our primary tool). The newest Mac version crashes frequently, we had to revert back. The PC version, when moving data from an drive with User folders, still often doesn't move all the data the first time (this started months ago when you guys introduced the new "alias" "link" stuff). We need to re-select all the user data and move everything again (skipping existing files), in order to successful move all Pictures, Docs, etc. Too bad, it used to be our go-to software. This happens DAILY when there is a say a Documents & Settings folder along with a User folder on the drive. The new version may have helped a little, but problem remains.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 17:18 

bcometa wrote:
R-studio is so buggy now it's almost unusable (or at least, not worth being used as our primary tool). The newest Mac version crashes frequently, we had to revert back. The PC version, when moving data from an drive with User folders, still often doesn't move all the data the first time (this started months ago when you guys introduced the new "alias" "link" stuff). We need to re-select all the user data and move everything again (skipping existing files), in order to successful move all Pictures, Docs, etc. Too bad, it used to be our go-to software. This happens DAILY when there is a say a Documents & Settings folder along with a User folder on the drive. The new version may have helped a little, but problem remains.

I just updated to the newest version today on one of my system after having reverted back all my systems to early 2015 because of these same issues. I've also encountered a few RAID cases this week where R-Studio sees a partial file structure on one partition while UFS sees the full file structure on multiple partitions without any scanning. I haven't bother reporting the bugs because I've been too busy and was hoping that someone already had.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 17:36 

I emailed them about the missing User files bug/problem last July. Their advice: install newest version. Fail.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 18:24 

bcometa wrote:

I also HATE this "alias" and "link" stuff so have ditched R-Studio for now as I got so pissed off with it and spent ages trying to disable it to no avail.

Please please please R-Tools, get rid of it! Or at least allow it to be switched off!

New!! HDD-PCB.COM for all your PCB and donor HDD requirements!

PostPosted: January 13th, 2016, 19:37 

Well, glad to know it's not just us with this problem.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 2:22 

+1 to remove / disable alias and link. I still use an old version without that "bug"

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 14:51 

A new version of R-Studio for Mac: the crash during disk scan is fixed.

I think we all want R-Studio be better. I suggest you list here bugs and issues that annoy you most, and we’ll fix them ASAP. The issue with hard links is already on the top.

And please, don't hesitate to report us bugs, issues, and your suggestions. Suggestions are better at our forum, I'll personally take care of them.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2016, 15:45 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:

I think we all want R-Studio be better. I suggest you list here bugs and issues that annoy you most, and we’ll fix them ASAP. The issue with hard links is already on the top.

And please, don't hesitate to report us bugs, issues, and your suggestions. Suggestions are better at our forum, I'll personally take care of them.

That's good to hear :-)

PostPosted: February 8th, 2016, 14:24 

Any word on an update to fix the hard links issue? I just noticed that a full recovery I just completed is completely lacking the Users folder and its contents.

PostPosted: February 8th, 2016, 15:04 

lcoughey wrote:
Any word on an update to fix the hard links issue? I just noticed that a full recovery I just completed is completely lacking the Users folder and its contents.

I too would like an update on this, I am actively avoiding using Rstudio at the minute due to these problems. It can't be trusted with this horrific "feature" :-(

PostPosted: March 15th, 2016, 12:23 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:

I just got off the phone with tech support and they just told me that it was the first they heard of this issue. Either way, I really am hoping to see it fixed sooner than later.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2016, 17:03 

A new build of R-Studio: a lot of bugfixes. Including that damned one with symlinked folders. I already posted about this build here, but this is an official announcement.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2016, 17:17 

Our technician updates expired in Feb... can anyone confirm this version actually solves the "not moving linked user files" problem?

PostPosted: March 25th, 2016, 8:37 

A new build of R-Studio for Mac: the same bugfixes and improvements as in R-Studio for Windows. Has anyone encountered that symlink bug?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next