Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Re: New version of R-Studio

October 29th, 2016, 3:12

Is symlink / hardlink "bug" fixed so that r-studio is useable again ?

November 1st, 2016, 8:09

digisupport wrote:Is symlink / hardlink "bug" fixed so that r-studio is useable again ?

It was fixed quite a while ago. The Technician version allows its users to select how symlinks will be recovered, all other recover them converting symlink paths to relative.

November 1st, 2016, 14:17

Still not fixed as I see it. Only the recovery function was fixed "a while ago".

If I in latest tech editions 8.1.165145 select a single folder in "Folder View" r-studio still follows and marks all symlinked folders and subfolders.
Also counts them as marked. So still not useable for me. (and many others i know)

Have opened a ticked and explained this error to support again yesterday.
So if you could ask them to disable this "feature" and make r-studio useable again, please.

At least make it an option in tech edition.

December 2nd, 2016, 12:03

A new build of R-Studio for Mac has been released: keeping up with the Windows version: file mask presets, support for NVME devices and Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows 10 Anniversary update, improved raw file search, plus many other improvements and bugfixes.

January 25th, 2017, 18:38

A new version of R-Studio: support for the ReFS2+ file system (2016 Server), NTFS deduplication, and new extended duplicate file processing options. + many improvements and bugfixes.

January 31st, 2017, 7:05

Symlink / hardlink bug is still not fixed in R-Studio 8.2 build 165337
R-Studio still shows and handles symlinks / hardlinks in File tree / File explorer.
Not recommended for data recovery if this bug / feature can’t be turned off.

February 20th, 2017, 6:57

A new version of R-Studio for Linux, keeping up with the Windows counterpart: support for the ReFS2+ file system (2016 Server), NTFS deduplication, and new extended duplicate file processing options. + many improvements and bugfixes.

March 9th, 2017, 15:59

A new version of R-Studio for Mac, keeping up with the Windows counterpart: support for the ReFS2+ file system (2016 Server), NTFS deduplication, and new extended duplicate file processing options. + many improvements and bugfixes.

May 1st, 2017, 14:33

A new version of R-Studio: support for Linux/Unix mdadm RAIDs and Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive (including encryption, with a known password), plus several improvements and bugfixes.

Could someone test it on various advanced NAS devices?

May 1st, 2017, 16:52

Alt(R-TT) wrote:A new version of R-Studio: support for Linux/Unix mdadm RAIDs and Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive (including encryption, with a known password), plus several improvements and bugfixes.

Could someone test it on various advanced NAS devices?

I don't see any mention of XFS, which is the file system that we most commonly see on newer NAS devices.

May 29th, 2017, 16:30

New versions of R-Studio for Mac and Linux are released to keep them up with the Windows counterpart. Support for mdadm RAIDs and Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive. + improvements and bugfixes.

May 29th, 2017, 16:39

Alt(R-TT) wrote:New versions of R-Studio for Mac and Linux are released to keep them up with the Windows counterpart. Support for mdadm RAIDs and Apple CoreStorage/File Vault/Fusion Drive. + improvements and bugfixes.

Nice!

June 26th, 2017, 10:01

A new build of R-Studio: automatic check for updates and improved preview of video is added, preview for video and pdf files is improved, some internal bugs are fixed.

August 8th, 2017, 12:42

New builds of R-Studio for Mac and Linux have been released: automatic check for new versions, improved preview for video and pdf files, and several bugs are fixed.

August 10th, 2017, 9:26

A new R-Studio build to fix several bugs that might crush the program.

October 12th, 2017, 1:11

Why can't R-Studio skip bad sectors automatically and continue the next files when recovering files manually? so frustrating i have to skip the file manually

October 12th, 2017, 11:39

TerraNova wrote:Why can't R-Studio skip bad sectors automatically and continue the next files when recovering files manually? so frustrating i have to skip the file manually

Well, the Recover dialog box, select Skip files with bad factors.

October 16th, 2017, 10:15

A new build of R-Studio: improved processing of NTFS&FAT/exFAT and some bug-fixes.
Post a reply