Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Re: New version of R-Studio

November 29th, 2017, 12:09

lcoughey wrote:For me, I'd just love to see R-Studio, at the very least prompt, when reading EXT file systems whether we want it to load the entire tree into memory or to just load the root path, giving immediate access to the file tree like UFS Explorer and R-Explorer. Oh, and add support for XFS.

It has been several years since R-Studio can interface with DeepSpar Disk Imagers and access the sector map of good, damaged and unread sectors. R-Studio even goes so far as to show the file condition, based on that map in the interface. But, they have yet to allow us the ability to filter files based on that information. It would be nice to be able to split the good and damaged files into two separate recovery folders.

+1 ,
i also think lukes suggestions are great .How about rapidspar integration also

November 29th, 2017, 19:30

lcoughey wrote:It has been several years since R-Studio can interface with DeepSpar Disk Imagers and access the sector map of good, damaged and unread sectors. R-Studio even goes so far as to show the file condition, based on that map in the interface. But, they have yet to allow us the ability to filter files based on that information. It would be nice to be able to split the good and damaged files into two separate recovery folders.

Can someone either explain or link to documentation for how this plugin interface works, and by that I just asking what it can and cannot do, not how it connects. Does it only access the clone/image after it is done, or can it ask the imager to read data that has not yet been read?

November 30th, 2017, 0:20

It can do both.

November 30th, 2017, 11:34

Thank you for your suggestions, I've passed them to our developers.

December 18th, 2017, 16:02

A new version of R-Studio: support for Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows Fall Creators Update and components management for various disk and volume managers (LVM, LDM, WSS, AppleRAID, etc). Opened images of the R-Drive Image type, (.rdi) can now be mounted as virtual disks to make them accessible for other software. Plus improvements and bug-fixes.

Mounted disk images are only the beginning.

December 26th, 2017, 14:08

A new version of R-Studio for Mac. It has support for Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows Fall Creators Update and components management for various disk and volume managers (LVM, LDM, WSS, AppleRAID, etc. Plus improvements and bug-fixes.

February 22nd, 2018, 11:25

A new version of R-Studio for Linux, support for Windows Storage Spaces created by Windows Fall Creators Update, components management for LVM, LDM, WSS, AppleRAID, and other improvements and bugfixes.
Technician version works fine.

March 22nd, 2018, 10:59

A new build of R-Studio. Improved FAT32 detection, and many bugfixes, including that with RAID6 with two missing disks.

March 22nd, 2018, 11:45

Alt(R-TT) wrote:A new build of R-Studio. Improved FAT32 detection, and many bugfixes, including that with RAID6 with two missing disks.

Excellent

April 9th, 2018, 15:24

A new build of R-Studio for Mac. Improved FAT32 detection, and many bugfixes, including that with RAID6 with two missing disks.

April 30th, 2018, 13:38

As many already know, a new version of R-Studio: Support for APFS (including encryption), improvements and bugfixes. Other versions to follow.

June 5th, 2018, 14:45

A new version of R-Studio for Mac:
* Support for APFS (including encryption)
* Access to the system disk with enabled System Integrity Protection
* Start from an external device to avoid installation
* Compressed images can now be mounted to the system to make them accessible for other software
And many improvements and bugfixes.
I'd like to remind that the Technician license allows its users to use any version of R-Studio (for Windows, Mac, Linux) which is the best for any particular case.

June 26th, 2018, 16:18

A new version of R-Studio for Linux: Support for APFS (including encryption), many improvements and bugfixes.

July 16th, 2018, 16:08

A new version of R-Studio: a completely overhauled file previewer capable of showing picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and which supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats without their codecs/applications installed. Plus improved APFS processing and many bugfixes.

July 24th, 2018, 10:50

Now a new version of R-Studio for Mac: the same completely overhauled file previewer capable of showing picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and which supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats without their codecs/applications installed. Plus improved APFS processing and many bugfixes.

July 27th, 2018, 12:27

A new build of R-Studio: several bugfixes.

August 7th, 2018, 17:50

A new build of R-Studio for Mac: support for S.M.A.R.T. attributes for NVME devices and under High Sierra. Improved processing of the SNTFS $BitMap file and disks with previous partition layouts (MBR after GPT, etc.). Plus some bugfixes.

August 7th, 2018, 18:28

And a new version of R-Studio for Linux: the same completely overhauled file previewer capable of showing picture tiles and first frames of video files as icons, and which supports a large number of video/audio/graphic/document file formats without their codecs/applications installed. Plus S.M.A.R.T. attributes for NVME devices and improved processing for APFS, the NTFS $BitMap file, disks with several previous partition layouts (MBR, GPT, etc.) and many bugfixes.

August 8th, 2018, 3:04

Is it now possible to switch off symlink / hardlink handeling ?
If yes then its time to renew my tech edition and start using r-studio again.

August 8th, 2018, 3:12

digisupport wrote:Is it now possible to switch off symlink / hardlink handeling ?
If yes then its time to renew my tech edition and start using r-studio again.

Virtually everyone I know has moved away from Rstudio for “day to day” use for exactly this reason, but RTT don’t seem interested in listening.

Great shame :-(
Post a reply