Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 15th, 2019, 8:10

Just out of curiosity could you try with DMDE as well and check if it does find the logical structure as ReclaiMe Pro did ?

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 16th, 2019, 13:31

Sure Spildit, i can do this test.
I just need a little bit of time, at the moment i'm doing other works :wink:

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 16th, 2019, 14:18

michael chiklis wrote:Sure Spildit, i can do this test.
I just need a little bit of time, at the moment i'm doing other works :wink:


Ok !!! It will ne quite cool if you can test this out with DMDE quick scan (just clicking the partition, etc and with the option to do a full scan. Let us know !

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 17th, 2019, 17:53

That's why when I'm not satisfied with one result, I pass 2 or 3 more programs to see what they can do.
Sometimes one works better than other.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 17th, 2019, 18:14

pclab wrote:That's why when I'm not satisfied with one result, I pass 2 or 3 more programs to see what they can do.
Sometimes one works better than other.


Agree !

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 7:24

I did full scan surface this partially cloned drive with new DMDE 3.5.3.761 Beta version.
dmde folders after complete scan.jpg


Result apparently seem to be pretty good but ReclaiMe Pro (build 196) gives better result (at least in this case).
DMDE last beta version has found same folders than ReclaiMe Pro (build 196), but one of those folder in dmde is empty instead ReclaiMe Pro shows 17 jpg in perfect conditions in that folder.
ReclaiMe build 196 folders after complete scan.jpg


So i think Reclaime Pro build 196 is very good for recovering data from partially cloned drives (at least for EXT4 filesystems), i've to say that i also did complete scan of the cloned drive under Reclaime Pro build 1872 (which should be newer version than build 196) but it totally fail. :?
Build 1872 didn't find any good file by analyzing the filesystem, it found a lot of fragmented junk. Also it didn't found folder structure as quick as build 196 (and folders were much less), it found folders only when full scan was about 70% complete (if i remember well).

DMDE detected the filesystem very lately as ReclaiMe Pro Build 1872, but it was able to find just about all files as ReclaiMe Pro Build 196 (exept that folder which i mentioned above)

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 8:16

@michael chiklis - I,d be curious to know how UFS Explorer stacks up with this project too. It is a good case to compare apples with apples.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 9:06

I will try also with UFS, GetDataBack and DataRescue and let u know :)

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 14:33

michael chiklis wrote:Because R-Studio can't detect the partition instantly due to missing information, i thought that hopefully i would find those pics after many hours of surface scan. Unfortunately it was just about a totally wast of time.

If we get the scan info of the disk, we'll investigate into this problem and fix it.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 15:14

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
michael chiklis wrote:Because R-Studio can't detect the partition instantly due to missing information, i thought that hopefully i would find those pics after many hours of surface scan. Unfortunately it was just about a totally wast of time.

If we get the scan info of the disk, we'll investigate into this problem and fix it.


Here
WD 2TB HWupgrade.rar
(973.69 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 16:16

lcoughey wrote:@michael chiklis - I,d be curious to know how UFS Explorer stacks up with this project too. It is a good case to compare apples with apples.


Hi,
i finished to scan with UFS 7.8.3, it is very good.
It has found exactly the same quantity of files and folders as ReclaiMe Pro build 196 in the filesystem structure. It recovered successfully also the content of that folder which DMDE wasn't able to recover.
About RAW result, ReclaiMe Pro has found about 80.000 files, UFS Explorer about 57.500 but this doesn't mean that reclaime is better than ufs for raw recovering, the only way to find out that, is to extract all raw data with each program to see the differences. I will do also raw recovery comparing at the end, i need about 1 week for that because first i want try to recover filesystem also with GetDataBack and DataRescue and compare them.

P.S.
UFS Explorer was very fast on finding lost partition as ReclaiMe 196.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 16:32

michael chiklis wrote:
Alt(R-TT) wrote:
michael chiklis wrote:Because R-Studio can't detect the partition instantly due to missing information, i thought that hopefully i would find those pics after many hours of surface scan. Unfortunately it was just about a totally wast of time.

If we get the scan info of the disk, we'll investigate into this problem and fix it.


Here

Thanks, I've forwarded the file to our developers. I think, it may be now deleted.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 18th, 2019, 18:47

Thanks for testing this out !!!

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 19th, 2019, 4:50

Yes, it's better if someone can delete "WD 2TB HWupgrade.rar" file, please.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 20th, 2019, 4:03

@michael chiklis, were the empty sectors (relating to head #0) on the clone zeroed, or did they contain stale data that could have contaminated the scans?

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 20th, 2019, 15:52

Destination drive was zero filled before starting to clone.

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 20th, 2019, 21:17

I'm curious as to why some tools can find the folder structure in a matter of minutes whereas others seem to require a full surface scan? Could the performance be improved by choosing the right settings, ie perhaps the default settings are inappropriate?

I read a few articles on superblocks in an ext2 file system and it appears that there are copies at each 8192-block boundary. I don't know if ext4 also has regular copies of the superblock, but if it does, then why can't these tools find the first two consecutive superblocks and infer the locations of the others? Or is there a lot more to it than that? (Yes, I'm ignorant about Linux file systems)

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 27th, 2019, 13:08

GetDataBack 5.50 was able to find EXT4 filesystem from that partially cloned wd drive, DataRescue 5.0.9 was totally unable to recover the filesystem

Re: New version of R-Studio

June 27th, 2019, 18:23

I would be interested in the results of a DMDE Search for Special Sector -> ExtFS Superblock.

Re: New version of R-Studio

September 4th, 2019, 14:40

New version of R-Studio. Automatic recognition and assembly of complex disk manager objects whose components are also various disk manager objects (May be useful for NAS recovery). Drastically improved file recovery and enumeration speed for Ext2/3/4 and UFS1/UFS2 partitions. And may more improvements and bugfixes.
Post a reply