All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HDD locked on new Laptop - gave MHDD a try but...
PostPosted: August 1st, 2013, 11:19 

Hey folks,

my old Lenovo Ideapad got broke so I decided to buy a new laptop. Unfortunately (with hindsight) I locked the HDD on my Ideapad with a password, but now the new one tells me the password is invalid. This seems to be a known problem with different-style encodings / hashing or something like that considering I found some corresponding threads as well in the Lenovo Support forums as here on hddguru, unfortunately without a proper solution. Best solution on Lenovo Support Forum: Use your old device or find one with an identical mainboard to reset password... Funny to do with a nearly 3 year old device whose graphic card is completely broken :roll: .

Like mentioned above I gave MHDD a try to UNLOCK / DISPWD my HDD. Unfortunately when I insert the HDD into my laptop, it askes for the password right at the begin of the booting process, I cant even access the BIOS / UEFI without entering it.
I tried to hutplug the HDD when MHDD is already loading, but then the HDD isnt recognized / displayed in the device selection, just my CD / DVD-drive. Same thing with using Ultimate Boot CD to start MHDD (or the other ATA-password unlock tool on Ubcd, forgot the name of that one).

Any ideas? The data on the HDD are VERY important, so I am desperate. Plese help me :?

Thanks in advance
P.S.: Actually, I do back up my data by mirroring the complete HDD. Unfortunately, those are locked by a password in the same way :evil: