All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Automatic remap sectors
PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 15:21 

I have such an idea how to automate patch HDD, because I have hundreds of older functional EIDE and SATA HDDs, which I am sorry to blow.

So I imagine "auto repair process" with MHDD or others similar programs according steps 1 to 6 ...
1) Reduce of HDD capacity with use HPA, so that a larger space to remap bad and slow blocks.
So the program prompted me to change (decrease) the capacity of the disk.
2) Scan the disk surface 3 times (only changed small area) and write all blocks have been slower than 50 milliseconds and bad blocks to the file.
3.) After completing the scan, the program automatically find according list in file of slow and bad blocks and try to make erase delays in these blocks and again make 3 times the surface scan
If any blocks is still over 50 milliseconds or bad, then program generated new list to file with name "uncorrectable blocks".
4) According to the file "uncorrectable blocks", the program will do automatically remap these blocks.
5) After succesfull remap these blocks the program again scans the disk surface 3 times and possibly repeat point 3) and 4).
6) If after repeating points 3 and 4 three times continue to emerge bad blocks, the disk will be marked as "scrap".

If during this process, program not find more slow or bad blocks, then these HDD will be marked as "good".

The question is how adjust MHDD or another programs for controlling through master program to enter commands to perform various operations ...

If anyone can advise how to do it, I'll be happy.

It would be ideal if some version of MHDD, Victoria and similar program were possible to control prostedníctvom .bat files in command line ...

Or if not possible make force remap slow blocks, it is necessary first these blocks mark as "badblocks" via command "MAKEBAD".
After that, these blocks is possible remap.

However, I met with some Western Digital HDDs in particular that refuse to command "MAKEBAD" through MHDD.