All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Discussion on the latest R-Studio Debian build
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 18:01 

The latest R-Studio build for Debian Linux is completely broken!!!! Do not update to it to version 3.9.1878 under any circumstances. Whenever it refreshes the device list (such as when you try to build a virtual RAID) all the devices just disappear and you can't do anything. It's completely crippled, even the Network feature is broken so you can't get around it that way either.

Talked with tech support, and they are refusing to even send me an old build so I can roll back. I'm really regretting buying a Technician License from them now! Very angry. Got a RAID here to do and I can't even start until I image them now to image files on a few larger drives as I can't connect this many drives to any of my other systems.

Does anyone have an older Debian install package of R-Studio technician they're willing to share? Apparently R-TT idiots aren't willing to share one, and I can't find one saved anywhere.

Post subject: Re: Avoid Latest R-Studio Debian Build!
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 18:28 

Here's a video I shot showing what it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN824nL ... e=youtu.be

The recording is a bit slow motion for some reason. I don't think the server liked the screen capture software.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 18:46 

We'll resolve this case soon, and the older version will be available.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 18:56 

Thanks, I already received the email with the previous version build links.

I'm not trying to be harassing here, just that the timing of this happening is impeccably bad for me. It just figures that I had to go install the latest version right when another RAID 50 case arises. I was excited to try the new RAID rebuild layout mentioned in the update log.

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2015, 19:07 

data-medics wrote:
Does anyone have an older Debian install package of R-Studio technician they're willing to share? Apparently R-TT idiots aren't willing to share one, and I can't find one saved anywhere.

A backup a day ...

PostPosted: October 24th, 2015, 9:30 

Alt(R-TT) wrote:
We'll resolve this case soon, and the older version will be available.

Hi ,
So If You Were Not On The Forum He Would Be Seeing Stars Right .Speak To Your Tech Support People And Tell Them If Someone Wants Older Version They Should Give As The Guy Has Already Paid For The Newer One .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 8:15 

They did finally provide me an older version installer. I had old installers around for every version except Linux, I didn't think to keep a backup of it around, I guess I just assumed that newer versions would always still work, or at least I could still get a back version from them.

It just really crossed me when the tech support guy told me on the phone that they wouldn't provide a copy of the previous version for me. I'm satisfied now that they did, and I'm sorry I called him an idiot. Was just in a panic as I have a RAID 50 I'm currently working on and couldn't do anything due to a broken update.

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:00 

While we are on this topic, a few things that I could see R-Studio doing to better improve the experience of those of us who are honest and pay for the tech license:

1. When our license period ends, we should still be able to login and download the last version released before the period ended.
2. It would be nice to have a link to archived installers for older versions...at the very least, the last few versions released.
3. It would be nice to simplify the process to download the program updates for the tech license clients. Is there any reason why we need to login to download the TL version if it isn't going to work without a valid tech license anyway?

PostPosted: October 26th, 2015, 9:09 

lcoughey wrote:
3. It would be nice to simplify the process to download the program updates for the tech license clients. Is there any reason why we need to login to download the TL version if it isn't going to work without a valid tech license anyway?

Couldn't agree more with everything you said. On #3 I'd love to see an update feature within the program. Even if it's just a menu option to check for updates, which could just get you to the right page to download the updated version. Always having to go dig up the order number and license key is cumbersome to say the least.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 10:06 

lcoughey wrote:
While we are on this topic, a few things that I could see R-Studio doing to better improve the experience of those of us who are honest and pay for the tech license:

1. When our license period ends, we should still be able to login and download the last version released before the period ended.
2. It would be nice to have a link to archived installers for older versions...at the very least, the last few versions released.

Your suggestions were discussed and approved by our administration except #3 which needs further consideration about some technical
aspects of its implementation. #1 and #2 will be implemented within a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2015, 10:09 

We would like to clarify some points on this matter. Our technician could not provide data-medics with access to older versions of R-Studio because we typically do not provide our customers with old versions of our software and our support team does not have such access either. The technician had to contact his supervisor and our developers to fulfill the request. Nevertheless, data-medics was provided with the requested links within one and half hour.

Also, we checked the current R-Studio for Linux build on different computers in our lab with a similar software configuration but we were unable to reproduce the issue, as well as no one else has reported it to our techsupport. We haven’t received any additional clarifications from data-medics and he still hasn't reported if there was the same issue with the old R-Studio for Linux build or not. In accordance with our developer's report, the program module that might behave so strange has not been changed for a while.

For now we are considering the issue as a specific glitch on a specific machine that could appear because of reasons that couldn’t be simulated in our testing lab. It’s not a problem of the current R-Studio for Linux version and we are going to contact hddguru forum moderator to update this thread title.