All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: need automaticaly hdd test software.
PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 12:35 

hello,

we received every day many hdds from customer and i need to check it. I am looking for automaticaly DOS or windows test software like mhdd but for auto start and auto test run. At this time I use batches from mhdd, but the problem that i must wait everytime to boot of pc and start the batch manually. anotehr good test software is vivard. But its same problem i must wait for start and run software manually. I found some utilities for windows but the problem of this that pc hanging if hdd have some problem.

Maybe you have one solution for this ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: need automaticaly hdd test software.
PostPosted: December 16th, 2015, 14:27 

Schau in pm box
See your pm box

+++

Post subject: Re: need automatical hdd testing software
PostPosted: December 29th, 2015, 8:29 

datenrettung wrote:
windows test software like mhdd

http://hddscan.com/

PostPosted: January 1st, 2016, 10:15 

Not sure how far you need to test the HDDs, but for getting a quick view of S.M.A.R.T. values and know approximately in which condition the hard drive is, I like Hard Disk Sentinel : http://www.hdsentinel.com/

The demo version allows this too, but requires some time before you can close its window.

This software will auto-detect the drives that you connect, as long as they can initialize and be visible in Windows hard disk management.
Of course, the PC can be hanging if the hard drive cannot initialize ; in this case, disconnecting the drive and a classical Ctrl+Alt+Delete can help.

Hard Disk Sentinel is not so low level as MHDD, but with experience, the hard disk condition displayed by HD Sentinel (100%, 85%, ..., 12%) will quickly give you some idea about how many defective sectors does a hard drive have. This helps to evaluate the imaging time and make a quote.

As dmitry mentioned, hddscan.com is another possible software.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 8:38 

datenrettung wrote:
hello,

we received every day many hdds from customer and i need to check it. I am looking for automaticaly DOS or windows test software like mhdd but for auto start and auto test run. At this time I use batches from mhdd, but the problem that i must wait everytime to boot of pc and start the batch manually. anotehr good test software is vivard. But its same problem i must wait for start and run software manually. I found some utilities for windows but the problem of this that pc hanging if hdd have some problem.

Maybe you have one solution for this ?

Thanks

Hello, Datenrettung
I am Pasha from Nelcom R&D department.
I am writing to you to inform that we have a feasible solution for you to perform automatic HDD tests.
The software operates under Windows OS.
It performs the Hard Drive Self Quick Test followed by a Comprehensive Test if requested.
Reads general ID information Read HDD “Passport”.
Gets SMART(Self Monitoring Analysis and Report Technology) attributes table to issue the SMART Report.
Keeps all test results in Local DB.
The program starts tests automatically according to chosen scenario.
The program runs simultaneously on ALL connected Hard Drives.
Tested HDDs can be connected to PC using USB docking stations or any USB/HUB adapter.
If you are interested in such a software and/or need some more profound functionality please feel free to contact me.
Happiness