All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: HDDSuperClone - A new Linux hard drive cloning/imaging t
PostPosted: June 24th, 2020, 17:45 

mich82 wrote:
Excellent Update!! ..Hope you will add Firmware Repair Tool in Pro' version in the future Updates.

Thanks. But firmware repair tools are not planned. If you knew how complicated that can be, then you would understand how much more you should appreciate the pro tools that are capable of such firmware repairs, and also the pros that can do it without tools.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 0:44 

maximus wrote:
mich82 wrote:
Excellent Update!! ..Hope you will add Firmware Repair Tool in Pro' version in the future Updates.

Thanks. But firmware repair tools are not planned. If you knew how complicated that can be, then you would understand how much more you should appreciate the pro tools that are capable of such firmware repairs, and also the pros that can do it without tools.

Thanks, is HDDSuperClone Pro and Sediv Repair tool good enough for all round data recovery without any hardware tools?

PostPosted: June 25th, 2020, 22:11 

mich82 wrote:
maximus wrote:
mich82 wrote:

Thanks, is HDDSuperClone Pro and Sediv Repair tool good enough for all round data recovery without any hardware tools?

HDDSuperClone Pro can turn a computer into a simple hardware imager, in the fact that it can more directly access the disk and use timeouts to work with unstable drives. DMDE can be used through HDDSuperClone to target and extract data without needing to clone the whole disk. The combination could be considered similar to using an older DeepSpar DDI3 with R-Studio. The combo has the ability for data extraction on unstable drives, but it is incapable of working with firmware. It is meant to fill the gap between free software such as ddrescue, and the expensive hardware tools. It is more designed for the beginner, or a computer repair technician, to be able to recover drives that don't need clean room work or have major firmware issues. A recovery pro could also use it for the mild cases to free up their expensive hardware for the hard cases.

I cannot speak for what Sediv can do. From what I have read it would seem more towards repair to refurbish, not so much for data recovery, but I have never used it so I don't know. In any case if the drive requires firmware work, it can sometimes require firmware manipulation withing the recovery tool itself, which would be impossible using two separate tools.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2020, 8:00 

I can vouch for Maximus here. I use HDDSuperClone Pro with DMDE in my computer repair business and have had great success. Given the low price of both pieces of software and the fact you can test things with a two month licence it's ideal for somebody like me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7