Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

2.5 Platter swap tool

April 27th, 2016, 10:09

Hello,

We are currently using the 2.5'' platter swap tool sold by Salvation Data (we got it 3 years ago). I think it is the most common in DR market.
The problem is that with some 2.5'' WD disk, we are not able to remove some of the platters because the space between the platters and the disk cover is too tight for this tool.

Which tools do you use for 2.5'' platter swap?

Thanks

Re: 2.5 Platter swap tool

May 6th, 2016, 9:22

Miss Di wrote:Hello,

We are currently using the 2.5'' platter swap tool sold by Salvation Data (we got it 3 years ago). I think it is the most common in DR market.
The problem is that with some 2.5'' WD disk, we are not able to remove some of the platters because the space between the platters and the disk cover is too tight for this tool.

Thanks

Scotch tape and good skills....

May 6th, 2016, 9:51

hdd_sand wrote:
Miss Di wrote:Hello,

Thanks

Scotch tape and good skills....

Simply good skills ;)

Miss Di, you can take a look on the HDDSurgery tools. They are some expensive and demands some experience but have a good quality/usability and they are efficient enough.

May 21st, 2016, 8:24

Try this Toshiba 2.5HDD 2 Platter
Post a reply