All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I NEED HELP, PLEASE!
PostPosted: July 6th, 2016, 6:27 

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I've come here 'cause of my WD Passport Ultra 1 TB.
About 6 months ago I've encrypted my drive with BitLocker (windows 10) and about 2 weeks ago I've decided to decrypt it.
The bitlocker process got stuck at 86.4% and then it gave the error and said me to try to do chkdsk.
After I unplugged the drive it was no more recognized by the pc, but the drive was there (in fact there was the option to expell it, but it wasn't showing up in the file explorer!).
I started to read some forums and guides, so I started a repair-bde process with the recovery key; after the process was completed my drive show up again but it was stuck at the same time with the same error. Then I tried to open some files and all of them were totally corrupted, only some photos and some .txt files were readable.
I'm totally depressed because I lost a lot of important documents and photos... :cry:

I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm Italian.

Post subject: Re: I NEED HELP, PLEASE!
PostPosted: July 6th, 2016, 15:49 

If the drive (not the USB-SATA bridge) can still be detected, then you may be able to apply the "slow fix" using HDDSuperTool.

https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32501

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 5:39 

fzabkar wrote:
If the drive (not the USB-SATA bridge) can still be detected, then you may be able to apply the "slow fix" using HDDSuperTool.

Yes, my drive is still recognized by the system and I can still see some files. I looked over the forum and my problem is very similar to the one described. Now, if I apply the slow fix and my drive isn't compatible with that, what is going to happen to it? Is it a dangerous operation that will cause irreversible changes to the disk?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 7:49 

karl0 wrote:
Now, if I apply the slow fix and my drive isn't compatible with that, what is going to happen to it? Is it a dangerous operation that will cause irreversible changes to the disk?

From what you have written sounds that the data is important to you, then seek professional help from a DR pro

PostPosted: July 7th, 2016, 13:09 

fzabkar wrote:

OK! THANKS A LOT! I've patched mod 02/32 and now I'm doing a full clone to another drive with ddrescue at about 2 mb/s speed! :D