Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

HFS Recovery Question

September 14th, 2016, 12:34

I have a HFS HDD that been reformatted. HFS reformat is usually much more devastating to the file system than say NTFS, but with this recovery I get pretty much all the folder structure and file names but the files are all 0KB and do not open. I have not seen this before? I do get a large chunk of data in RAW however.

Re: HFS Recovery Question

September 14th, 2016, 13:04

What program are you working with to recover it?

September 14th, 2016, 13:57

data-medics wrote:What program are you working with to recover it?

Tried most of the popular ones to see if anything changes. UFS Pro, R-Studio and some not so popular ones. All give the same result.

September 14th, 2016, 14:18

I saw an odd case similar to this once where most files all showed as 512Kb size. I think Data Rescue 4 was able to handle it fairly well though.

September 14th, 2016, 14:49

Data rescue 3 or 4 running on a Mac usually produces the best results in my experience.

September 14th, 2016, 15:16

data-medics wrote:I saw an odd case similar to this once where most files all showed as 512Kb size. I think Data Rescue 4 was able to handle it fairly well though.

I will give it a try and let you know.

September 18th, 2016, 14:27

ddrecovery wrote:
data-medics wrote:I saw an odd case similar to this once where most files all showed as 512Kb size. I think Data Rescue 4 was able to handle it fairly well though.

I will give it a try and let you know.

Worked great, thanks.
Post a reply