All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Data Rescure Pc3 use for RAW hdd
PostPosted: October 14th, 2016, 5:01 

Hi,

I have got a hard drive that has changed its formatt to RAW, but has alot of files I need to resuce.

I am using Data Rescue Pc3 to recover the files. It has Read error at LBA, which I understand is bad sectors, but it continuing to scan. Has been going a day now and has completed 35.17GB/500GB and still has 353hrs 3mins to go.

Does anyone no if this is normal for the type of recovery to take so long? and is it likely to work at the end?

Many thanks

Post subject: Re: Data Rescure Pc3 use for RAW hdd
PostPosted: October 17th, 2016, 6:29 

Thank you for your comment.

I had the idea to attach the drive to an old tower unit of mine. I loaded it up and it dectedted the drive, sorted the error, and I was able to access it and retrieve the data i needed that way.

Although the drive till reading errors which I am trying to fix, I have managed to save the data i needed and only took 45mins not the time as stated before.

Post subject: Re: Data Rescure Pc3 use for RAW hdd
PostPosted: February 14th, 2017, 17:27 

Even if I am ready to reinstall the operating system, there is a bigger problem, the computer motherboard did not detect the hard drive.
After all, I do not know whether the hard disk is physically damaged;

Next, I continue to try to clean up computer dust , continue to restart, the problem still exists

Sometimes the motherboard settings may also cause an error can not recognize the hard disk

Therefore, I try to remove and re-install the motherboard battery,

the problem still exists.

Friends, my luck seems to be worse than expected,
because the computer is old, even the graphics card and memory card is also a problem. I was more and more convinced that the hard disk hardware is physically damaged.

However, my personal experience tells me, Even if the worst happens, I do not easily physically maintain the hard drive.

Because the physical maintenance is the final fate, rash of physical maintenance, will lead to secondary or even more damage to data, most of the time, even if we think the hard disk has been physically damaged, there is no serious to that extent. So I went on trying to solve the problem, I removed the hard drive, used my hard drive dock, inserted the hard drive into the hard drive dock, and connected to another computer using USB. For a time, I was more confused, because I waited a long time, another computer did not recognize my hard drive.
Just when I was ready to remove the hard disk and then try another computer, the system prompts to detect the hard disk.