All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SeDiv - "problems" that I would like to have "fixed" :
PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 14:31 

Here is my list of "complains" regarding SeDiv so far :

Please do pass this info to SeDiv author so that he can think about this and fix those problems in future releases of SeDiv :

- SeDiv take a huge amount of time to load when compared with other tools. This might be because of hardware verification (software protection - license) but it would be nice to have a "faster" start up. No big deal.

- Because of the above post it would be nice to have a way to detect a new drive clearing the settings of the old one. This would allow to change for example a WD drive for a Toshiba drive on the SeDiv port/channel re-use the opened SeDiv software without having to close it down and open it again. Option to revert SeDiv settings/mode to the way it is as soon as you open it without having to close it down and re-open would be nice.

- REMOVE that stupid "scan" for WDMarvel process/web-site to shut it down. Also valid for other tools that SeDiv target. While it would make some sense to have SeDiv closing down WDMarvel it is just RIDICULOUS to close a web browser just for going to WDMarvel forum. I did have my IE browser shutting down just for visiting HDD Guru topics about DFL !!! This is ... INSANE . Not only it takes CPU power to check all the time if a new instance of an .exe will be opened (to kill it) but also it's UN-NECESSARY and STUPID (to say the least) to be scanning the text on web pages to close a browser down (kill it) when there is a mention to a specific tool there.

- Because of what was stated above you can't safely use a browser and be writing to a forum a long post as if you by some reason go/visit a page like WDMarvel forum your browser will close and you will loose all of your work on the browser (like writing a long post). This is just absurd.

- SeDiv only shows properly the full menus if you use 1280x1024 resolution ... This is annoying to people like me at 1024x768 ... Maybe a way to resize the window or if not possible just make all the options on the left menu also available on the TOP menu ! This way SeDiv can be used in 1024x768 resolution. You just have to select the options that you can't see on the left menu on the top bar (assuming it can be "fixed" that way).... Otherwise you have to keep changing resolution if you want to use SeDiv and still keep the old resolution ....

- On the ATA SCAN for EACH TOOL just add and option to READ to a file by PIO (like you have on the "universal" ATA scan option of SeDiv but allow for reading WITH SELECTED HEADS creating an empty space on the image for the missing heads. There is no point in doing "Head Maps" if you can't copy the data out to a image file by head. If SeDiv doesn't have a "DE" type of component like PC3K, MRT, etc ... then at least copying out with selected heads would be better than nothing.

- Read Flash in Toshiba tool .... Yeah ... For some reason I can't use it. It's there but I can't click it. Reading a full ROM on Toshiba by terminal would be great.

- Write RAM in WD ... I would like to have an option to WRITE the same way there are the option to READ. It could be way more simple than going to the menu to figure out the addresses on RAM where the portions of code are loaded, than write to those areas. The option on the left menu to READ from RAM should also allow to WRITE to it.

- Option to work with Seagate F3 drives that have terminal access locked .... Yes ...It would be great if you guys could beat ACE doing it as there are not many options to work with modern Seagate drives.

- Add support for newer Hitachi/Toshiba drives.

- A Fujitsu tool at least for 2.5 drives would be nice as there are still some of those drives on the market and the 3.5 VSC for Fujitsu are well known and some (read ones) can still be used on 2.5 drives. So it shouldn't be that hard to create a 2.5 Fujitsu tool....

- Option to read/write modules on Samsung and WD by TERMINAL. This can be done with other tools and would be a nice addition to SeDiv.

That is all that I can think of for now. I will add up more as soon as I test up SeDiv a little bit more.

Regards.

Post subject: Re: SeDiv - "problems" that I would like to have "fixed" :
PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 16:07 

Hi

1. There is no need to add Toshiba Rom Write, Toshiba Read ROM is already available, its by Terminal Mode.
2. PIO Mode is Slow, cannot Add this. Only The UDMA mode , and you can scan by Selective head in Toshiba Family.
3. Read Ram for WD is Already in the Sediv. and upload Static file in RAM is also available.
4. Fujitsu need find hard disks.
5. Read modules of WD drives by Terminal is already available, in the main utility, Sediv Terminal, then auto detect, and press ok .

6. For Samsung, we are not finish Yet, need a lot of hard disk.

Regards
Waqas Ali
www.Sediv.net

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 16:42 

Hello and thanks for the reply !!! Can you help me out with this ?

1 - I'm using 5.1.7.3. version and on Toshiba tool i can't read the entire ROM even by terminal !!! It does have the options to do so but i can't click them !!!

Attachment:
a.jpg
a.jpg [ 88.75 KiB | Viewed 1224 times ]

Can't fid any option to read the entire ROM by TTL and i still think that writting the ROM back by TTL would be great for research / testing and in case PCB swapping is needed....

Marked option(s) on the image can't be clicked !!! Can you test this out on your SeDiv ?

2 - ATA scan on Universal Utility ALREADY HAVE it :

Attachment:
b.jpg
b.jpg [ 64.62 KiB | Viewed 1224 times ]

What i was asking was something LIKE THIS on each individual utility but to do so BY HEAD filling the space of the empty head (flled with 00 for example) on the "image" ...

3 - Yes, READ RAM for WD is already there. I was asking for WRITING RAM exactly the same way (option) as on READ RAM. There are options to upload/write RAM but they don't have a UI like the READ RAM and require for one to check the memory address to write, etc ... With a GUI like the wndow displayed when you chose READ RAM but to WRITE RAM would be ideal and hopefully easy to implement.

4 - Ok.

5 - Ok, i have to try that out. I was thinking it was for ROM restauration only.

6 - OK.

Many thanks !!!

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 17:43 

For toshiba. Goto main screen. Choice terminal. Then read rom.

If show error. Then email me the snapshot. I will fix it.

I don't think that ram write is important. Do you think?

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 17:44 

Ata scan universal utility is different.
And ata scan of toshiba is different. And for wd its different.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 19:37 

waqas_ali766 wrote:
For toshiba. Goto main screen. Choice terminal. Then read rom.

If show error. Then email me the snapshot. I will fix it.

I don't think that ram write is important. Do you think?

I don't have any option to read ROM !!!!

HELPPP !!!

Attachment:
sediv.jpg
sediv.jpg [ 182.7 KiB | Viewed 1200 times ]

Look at my screen capture. Terminal is connected and working.
There aren't any option to READ ROM !!!
Can you share screen capture of where the option is located ?
Also i still think that an option to write back the ROM (full image) would be nice if someone needs to swap PCBs....

On WD RAM write might be important for experimenting and for example to write module 02 on RAM with changes, to unlock for example SED locked drives. Of course you can use other ways and load the module by RAM menu but it's way easier to visualize the RAM tables on the menu like the one used to READ RAM.

PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 19:38 

waqas_ali766 wrote:
Ata scan universal utility is different.
And ata scan of toshiba is different. And for wd its different.

Yes, i know.

What i was saying is that i would like to have on all utilities an option on the utility ATA scan to read LBA to file in PIO using selected heads !!!

If that is not possible than at least it would be nice to have the scan using head map like you have on Toshiba for the other brands as well !!!

This helps to figure out bad heads to disable.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 6:42 

Hi
Sorry, Toshiba not have READ/Write ROM function.

Its not easy to add option on all brand for selective heads, but try to create

Regards
Waqas Ali

PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 16:28 

waqas_ali766 wrote:
Hi
Sorry, Toshiba not have READ/Write ROM function.

Its not easy to add option on all brand for selective heads, but try to create

Regards
Waqas Ali

Ok !!!

I've just recieved 5.1.7.5 and i will have to try it. I don't know what changes were made but i will check it out later.

At any rate i think that an option to READ/WRITE FULL Toshiba ROM by terminal is very important. If you have broken PCB and you have full ROM backup or someone extracted the ROM with external programmer than you can use a working donor drive to write the patient ROM using TTL and then swap PCB to patient drive.

Thanks for the attention and please let MR. DIV know about this comments.

Regards.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 20:53 

Hi
He is already see this post and soon we will add this function

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 9:24 

iccsys.net wrote:
Hi
He is already see this post and soon we will add this function

Ok !!!

MANYYY THANKS !!!

This is a VERY NICE tool !!!!

Many of the options on the several tools work way better than MRT Pro !!!

:D :D :D

And there are a huge amount of ARCO options and refurb options on WD tool. That option to change active directory in ROM for WD is very nice as well :D :D :D

Just keep making it better !!!

By the way I like the new "advanced" scan option (for ports) at SeDiv start (5.1.7.5)

Maybe if it's possible to use some sort of USB to ATA pass-through one could plug a USB only drive to SeDiv and use it to send VSC to the drive by USB whithout need of converting/adapting to SATA, as HDDSuperTool does ...

It wouldn't work on all drives but for some it would work just fine at least to read modules and write back to it (on WD case).

It would be a unique option of SeDiv, to work directly by USB...

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 13:01 

WHATTTT !!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

REALLY ANGRY WITH THIS !!!!

Attachment:
ata.jpg
ata.jpg [ 86.21 KiB | Viewed 1048 times ]

SeDiv KILLS the ATA TERMINAL of the HRT CARD !!!!

I can't use HRT ATA TERMINAL at the same time i'm using SeDiv !!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Guess that they want to avoid art all cost that someone figures out the VSC used on SeDiv by testing drives with ATA terminal at the same time ?!!!!

This is VERY ANNOYING !!!!

I have to :

- Use one command in SeDiv
- Close it down so that i can use HRT ATA TERMINAL
- Open SeDiv again (that takes a huge amount of time because it checks hardware)
- Close it again ...

RSSSSSSS !!!!

Not HAPPY !!!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 17:21 

It is normal action. If you using sediv.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 18:28 

pikus_09 wrote:
It is normal action. If you using sediv.

Wanna know a thing ???

There are BAD things that bring GOOD THINGS !!!

I'm VERY HAPPY with Mr. Div. because of that "limitation" (SeDiv killing HRT ATA terminal) ...

Wanna know why ? Well, i was trying to "hack" HRT with Resource Editor to change the ATA Terminal window name to something else so that SeDiv wouldn't close it down and i did figure out a very coolll thing !!!

- All HRT utilities have the entire code for all utilities on it, including the code for DRE. Example, if you "edit" the universal utility you will see that it contains all other utilities inside of it but with the menus "disabled". It makes sense as HRT is in fact HDD.EXE. COOL thing is that you can get on latest HRT 3.0 (and maybe UDMA) the same menus as on HDD.EXE and work with very old drives.

- BVG was "working" on SCSI drives and i guess they were thinking of doing SCSI tools. Some options are "hidden" inside normal HRT.

Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 80.15 KiB | Viewed 1023 times ]

Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 78.45 KiB | Viewed 1023 times ]

I think that i can unlock those "hidden" menus on HRT and at least i can make just one exe with all the HRT tools on it like HDD.EXE :

Attachment:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 59.13 KiB | Viewed 1023 times ]

This all started because i was under the impression that if i edited up HRT - ATA terminal window in a way that it would look diferent than SeDiv would not close it up !!!

Attachment:
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 172.04 KiB | Viewed 1023 times ]

Let's see if i can trick SeDiv in letting the HRT ATA terminal RUN at the same time ....

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 19:04 

I do have to congratulate Mr. Div.

SeDiv can close down even my "edited" ATA terminal ... :? :? :? :?

:weep: :weep: :weep: :weep:

Attachment:
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 41.39 KiB | Viewed 1021 times ]

So ... It's NOT searching for specific text strings neither looking for the window layout/UI to close it down ...

Very interesting !!!

Guess that Mr. Div. have done a nice job to prevent the HRT ATA terminal from working at the same time as SeDiv ...

This is really a PITA .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 19:33 

I don't know how and where is this mechanism. Mr div hate me and not write to me. That all, at this time latest ver sediv not work for me, and this all for me is close.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 20:35 

pikus_09 wrote:
I don't know how and where is this mechanism. Mr div hate me and not write to me. That all, at this time latest ver sediv not work for me, and this all for me is close.

Ok...

Let's hope that they can still use some of the ideas on this topic to improve SeDiv ...

Regards !!!

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 17:16 

Spildit wrote:
Ok...

Let's hope that they can still use some of the ideas on this topic to improve SeDiv ...

Regards !!!

Well ,i don't thik so,

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2017, 17:20 

pikus_09 wrote:
Spildit wrote:
Ok...

Regards !!!

Well ,i don't thik so,

I don't know why ...

Well, i think we can expect that SeDiv will still close the ATA terminal on future versions as it's somehow understandable (for protection of VSC reason) and we can understand as well that some stuff like screen resollution, SeDiv closing down sites/WDMarvel, etc might never change ..... But some things on this thread are expected to be implemented on future versions ...

For example i don't know why reading ROM by Terminal for Toshiba shouldn't be implemented as all the other tools including MRT and PC3K already have that option ....

PostPosted: January 24th, 2017, 4:54 

Hi Spildit,
I saw that you are posting alot of things.

My question is why you are using all things only on one pc.

Sediv Pc is a complete hardware Box. it will not allow you any any any thing.

So please, if you want to use software other then Sediv. then use a different machine.

Sediv Machine is related for Sediv Section only.

If Sediv have a card, then you can open many software as you want. but your full pc is Sediv Hardware. cannot start other things.

Regards
Waqas Ali