Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

How can I boot Feature Tool FT217b1 / FT217b2?

April 29th, 2017, 3:58

Hi, I don't know if this post is in the right category, so please feel free to move it.

I'm having difficulty booting an ISO file for The HGST/Hitachi Feature Tool FT217b1 I've downloaded from the HDDGURU Files. (FT217b1 seems to be the only version that can change head parking for my HGST 5K1000). I also found files for FT217b2, but I don't know how to boot those from a usb drive :oops: .

I tried different programs like imgBurn, CDBXP, tried copying the files onto a bootable USB drive, no luck. The computer will read the disk and then sit at a black screen with a blinking cursor until i hard reset it.

I'm not exactly tech-savvy when it comes to bootable disks/drives, so if anyone has a simple solution (I'm sure it's just a simple thing I'm missing), please let me know. :D

Re: How can I boot Feature Tool FT217b1 / FT217b2?

April 29th, 2017, 21:36

The FT217b1 / FT217b2 tools are meant to run in real DOS mode and are packaged with Windows 98 DOS.

You could create a bootable HP USB flash drive and then use 7Zip to extract the individual files from the FT217b1 / FT217b2 RAR or ISO archives. Copy these files to the root directory of the flash drive.

http://www.google.com.au/searchq=hp+boot+usb+"windows+98"

Re: How can I boot Feature Tool FT217b1 / FT217b2?

April 30th, 2017, 5:54

I got it working! Thank you so much fzabkar :D :D :D

Finally I can change the APM Settings on my drives!
Post a reply