Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

Rosco Dual-Vision XC - ASD files

January 8th, 2018, 12:39

I think I have a clean copy of the files after a PC3000 SSD chip-off recovery, but it is very difficult to say without being able to play them. The client supplied a video player, but I'm getting an "ASD File verion error" when I try to open any of the recovered files in the player. If I do a RAW scan, I can recover over 5,000 embedded JPG images that all open.

Anyone else encounter one of these and have any suggestions on how to test the files?

Re: Rosco Dual-Vision XC - ASD files

January 8th, 2018, 14:51

According to the user manual, there should be a Player directory on the SD card. This directory contains DLL and EXE files which run under Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7.

Dual-Vision™ XC User Manual:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rosco-assets/images/downloads/user_manual/DVXC_User_Manual.pdf

January 8th, 2018, 15:56

The client provided a player on a thumb drive which doesn't seem to work and the SD card recovered was completely full with video files.

January 8th, 2018, 17:39

Have you tried to make a new recording and see if the player will play it ? Or they do not have the player anymore ?

January 8th, 2018, 17:40

Yikes.

I mean, make a new recording in the original hardware and see it will play in the software the customer provided ?

January 8th, 2018, 17:46

rogfanther wrote:Yikes.

I mean, make a new recording in the original hardware and see it will play in the software the customer provided ?

It is from a commercial bus that was in an accident. I only received the SD card. I've sent them 5 sample files to see if they can open them there...haven't gotten to the stage of asking them for a few known good copies of the files. Good idea.
Post a reply