All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4 DR computer hardware - most efficient config
PostPosted: May 4th, 2018, 7:04 

I was thinking about buying a few rack mount ideas.

An excellent battery backup that would run the computers and allow them to safely shutdown.

2x 4-computer rackmount system, which has 4 distinct systems - each of which could fit the hardware I have.

I'd use 1 of the above for imaging, and 1 of the above for extracting. Each should give me enough space, vertically stacked (with gaps between them) to have computer on ESD padding which would protect them.

A RAID array (older SAN) for backup storage for clients.

A 10GbE (and the ability to buy excess IT equipment such as higher speeds) as these won't have TB3 - allowing me to always move data around at the speed of media (or close to it.)

I have three DeepSpar items + a couple of Atola products. I believe I'd have room to fit the contents on it.

I'd also love to find a dual SATA Dock, so that I can store hard drives vertically (with an enlarged base to make tipping over difficult) - as well as provide good connections to the drives.

I'd also probably dedicate another 2u 2-system to add Linux recoveries/imaging, and a 2nd system to manage the SAN.

Space is a premium for me right now.

Lastly, I'd like to setup a system for clients to offer them LTO backups for them to store their data as a legitimate backup.

What are the flaws in this idea - and what revisions might anyone offer for this approach? :) Thank you.