Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

HRT DEMO only 512 bytes buffer

May 17th, 2018, 15:27

Hi, how can i make HRT DEMO to receive more than 512 bytes buffer when i click on get buffer button in ATA Terminal with more than 1 sector count register.

Besides when i run a script i only get the first 512 bytes per module.

Should i configure a .INI file for my HDD to recognize the buffer size? Which file?. It is for an OLD WDC WD400LB.

Thank u.

Re: HRT DEMO only 512 bytes buffer

May 17th, 2018, 18:16

Hey Spildit, i have learned a lot because ur posts in HDDOracle since weeks before posting something, but i can't register ur site because that question on bottom :(

About my HDD, it is a WDC Cyl 32 Xenon WD400LB 00DNA0 that i would like to "play" and learn with.

My HRT DEMO is version 2.10 (i downloaded it from hddoracle) and im using allowio portalk in windows xp sp3 (windows98 compatibility). The program runs good.

This is what i get when i want to retrieve any module bigger than 512b ( GO! then get buffer or GO -> Buff):
hrtbuffer.JPG
hrtbuffer.JPG (42.9 KiB) Viewed 18876 times

btw, i already retrieved all the modules and tracks with MHDD 4.5 and WDC Scripts Generation but i prefer HRT cause is more comfly i guess.

Can u tell me whats wrong and what should i edit in .INI file to change (INI Section: BAD) in the Universal window?

Later, i would like to post my "experiments" with this drive too.

Thank u.

May 17th, 2018, 21:48

Hi, yea i used WDC super on before reading but still with Standard ATA Command read w/o retry is the same.

BTW i can retrieve the entire sector count buffer but 1 sector at time (512 bytes). In this example 8 clicks x get buffer button.

Now this happens if "Read Data Reg" box is unchecked:

hrt1click.JPG
FIRST CLICK ON GET BUFFER BUTTON
hrt1click.JPG (75.11 KiB) Viewed 18823 times

hrt2click.JPG
SECOND CLICK ON GET BUFFER BUTTON
hrt2click.JPG (74.72 KiB) Viewed 18823 times

With the second click i get the rest of the buffer. ?????

May 18th, 2018, 16:33

Hi, is fixed. I just disabled "IDE Prefetch Mode" in BIOS and now HRT works good. Thank u very much Spildit for ur help. :)

Time to test and "play" with this drive.
Post a reply