All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BEST software to solve true partition RECOVERY for files
PostPosted: February 20th, 2019, 8:29 

This is a bit the follow of the forum of hack3rcon , concerningt the BEST SOFTWARES FOR HDD RECOVERY

I have an 3TO(TB) HDD problem with GPT partition (some tool still recover only fat32 and NTFS), it is asking to reformat the drive, there is mainly series/ movies on it and I know the data is till there.
How do I Know?? Simple, I've tested already around 52 Recovery programs and some of them where able to retrieve the data.
Some were JUNK, for partition pb (not working at all) I GRADE THEM "E"
Some were BAD (recovering only PART of the data with wrong name of the files) GRADE THEM "D"
Some were incomplete (recovery only PART of the data with partially good name files) GRADE THEM "C"
Some were fine but incomplete (recovering ALL the data but with wrong Name of the files)...Not bad but ;-(....Grade them "B"

Well....NONE of the tool for the moment recovered ALL THE DATA with good name of the files, i'm searching for the "A" GRADE

On each case you need to chose software that better fits your needs, but in my forum, I Speak of the worst case, partition problem with clusters problems.

When I Recover a serie (like game of throne) I cannot use it because even if I have recovered all the episodes, I don't know in which order to read them, It would take 10 years to look all files and renames them good, so it 's not an option for a good recovery when you recover 10000 series and episodes.

It takes around 2 DAYS to recover a 3TO drive full of data like series, so testing a software is very long.

I'm not on my main desktop computer, but here are some of the tools I have tested:
Concerning partition pb....
Here are D (they usually recovers file from non partition pb drive)
Recuva, ,Testdisk,Recover My Files, PhotoRec, Doyourdatarecovery, amazing data recovery, 7thsharedatarecovery, Boysoft Data Recovery, Idatarecovery
bitwar data recovery, allstardatarecovery, recovermyfiles, mrtdatarecovery, Wondershare Data Recovery , remo recover, Ontrack EasyRecovery

Here are C:
Disk Drill, R-Studio, R-Undelete, Raise Data Recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery, Minitool recovery, Phoenix recovery, Boysoft Data Recovery, getdataback

Here are the B's: Data Rescue

Of course, there is much more shitty programs than good one as you can see but these results with my 3TO HDD don't lie, I don't think anyone as spend hours like me, and also, I tend to try again the program when version has improved after around 1 year.

I will list soon list all (many more D,C and the other B's) , but I am still searching for the Best program recovery, THE A GRADE hasn't shown up.

Post subject: Re: BEST software to solve true partition RECOVERY for files
PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 9:05 

Simple question: do you even heard about UFS Explorer products (competitor of the R-Studio)? One of the most popular software in Data Recovery society. Check at least one product from: UFS Explorer / Recovery Explorer . Actual software versions you may find here: https://www.sysdevlabs.com/store.php

PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 10:15 

in my opinion useless info. You are talking about a single hard disk with some unmentioned issue, or no issue at all but user error.

also the feature sets of all these differ. different tool for different problems.

52 softwares x 2 days each.... IMHO you just wasted 1/3 of a year.

sorry for being blunt, but I dont know what else to say

PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 10:29 

HaQue wrote:
in my opinion useless info. You are talking about a single hard disk with some unmentioned issue, or no issue at all but user error.

also the feature sets of all these differ. different tool for different problems.

52 softwares x 2 days each.... IMHO you just wasted 1/3 of a year.

sorry for being blunt, but I dont know what else to say

If you connect drive via SATA it will takes 7-8 hours for scan. So 1 work day for one test:)
And yes it may be not good Example for test software. Not informative I would said. If NTFS partition not corrupted it may be found fast and be total healthy. With function search for lost partition.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 15:44 

Useless test.

For a useful test, you need -
1. to know what was there (so the number of files recovered can be checked)
2. specify failure modes (format/deletion/other)

and to specify failure modes you need to know which ones are out there and why they are different, like what's the difference between formatting the volume and deleting all files, for every filesystem you want to test. As you go down the rabbit hole of complicated filesystems, failure modes multiply and become more arcane. Pretty quickly, you lose the ability to construct a meaningful test without understanding the filesystem.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 16:05 

you haven't even said what file system you have on your drive

PostPosted: February 21st, 2019, 16:06 

Not to mention completely conflating GPT/MBR (which are partitioning schemes) with FAT/NTFS (which are filesystems).

PostPosted: March 25th, 2019, 6:29 

OF course, the test is in GPT File Sytem format, almost all 3TB drive are in this format, and it has become a standard for very BIG drives!
My HDD drive test has the common partition error not been able to be read when trying to read it, it proposes to be formatted, so it's a perfect drive test for one of the worst problem that can be met, which is "partition" problem.
if the tested tool can't resolve the pb recovering files whereas other can, it doesn't mean other are rubbish for other problem but are much less effective.

Iurii I will try to test your software, which software do you recommanded for a recovery a GPT 3TB drive:
Recovery Explorer Professional or myCCTV Recovery - One Time License?

PostPosted: March 29th, 2019, 14:19 

For such simple/basic tasks better to take low-end software like Raise Data Recovery (19.95 Euro) , UFS Explorer Standard Recovery (49.95 Euro) or Recovery Explorer Standard (39.95 Euro).
You may try to use function "search for lost partition". In some cases it find file system without full scan.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2019, 1:19 

More interesting if you have as example:
1st Level - SHR (Synology Hybrid RAID) on drive with different capacity
2nd Level - LVM Thin provisioning (EXT4)
3rd Level - iSCSI Target with allocation table :)
4th Level - File system
And yes, it is real case :)

PostPosted: March 30th, 2019, 6:12 

Alexys Crystal Ball wrote:
Not to mention completely conflating GPT/MBR (which are partitioning schemes) with FAT/NTFS (which are filesystems).

mrmagic wrote:
OF course, the test is in GPT File Sytem format...

of course.. and my car engine is an Automatic, with a petrol Transmission..