All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Configuration of old and new SSD cards
PostPosted: March 7th, 2021, 7:25 

Hi everyone,,
I am new to the forum, so I will introduce myself. I reside in South Yorkshire, I am 75 years old, with health problems.

Now to my other problems. My desktop as eventualy become unserviceable. I/ we have decided to invest in a refurbished desktop. The hard drive is about 250 gig. RAM, S.S.D. card, with pre installed Windoss 10. ( professional ) my daughter in law, ordered the new computer with low memory, by mistake.

In my old desktop computer there are 3 HDD hard. Drives which I have removed. I have also in the old computer one Tetra. Byte of memory, 1 TB
SSD card. Which includes my debunked Windows 10.

I have also purchased a single slot docking station which takes HDD or a SSD card.
What I want to do is as follows,

1. I want to use my old 1 TB SSD drive as the main drive in my new computer (to be delivered in the next few days)
I whish to remove from this drive, documents, video clips and photo's etc. Onto the 250 gig SSD card.

2. I take it that this 250 SSD card with windows 10 will have to be first installed, so in conclusion in my new. Computer
When configured correctly, will include the old 1 TB, card. Plus the new Windows 10, the new SSD card 250 Gb will now include
The docs, photo's and video's from the old ssd -1 TB SSD card

Could someone please inform me what I should do first, and in what order do I should do things in to get the new computer
Configured correctly (with the use of the docking station) ?