All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corrupted files have X marks, recovery chances undetermined
PostPosted: April 9th, 2024, 13:25 

Hi! I have no knowledge whatsoever with coding and data recovery, and I just so happened to stumble on rstudio while looking up how to recover my corrupted sd card files.
tha
I'm currently using the Mac demo version, and I've successfully scanned my sd. Problem is that my files (.jpg) are found in a folder, "$Root00004" and it's marked with an X along with the actual files I'm trying to recover. The files are in the right format. Under recovery chances, some files say "Undetermined (Unfragmented)" while others say "Above Average (Fragmented)". When I try to preview, it comes up blank.

See the attachments below for reference.

Please help me, the photos I'm trying to recover are very important to me. Thank you.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 1.24.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 1.24.36 AM.png [ 351.9 KiB | Viewed 1570 times ]

Post subject: Re: Corrupted files have X marks, recovery chances undetermi
PostPosted: April 10th, 2024, 11:41 

Try to right-click the $ROOT0004 folder, select all options (especially Recheck Recovery Chances, and then Verify consistency of known files) and see what R-Studio will show.

BTW, recovery of deleted files from SSD not always ends in success, to say the least.

Post subject: Re: Corrupted files have X marks, recovery chances undetermi
PostPosted: April 11th, 2024, 8:23 

ayrobinsons wrote:
Hi! I have no knowledge whatsoever with coding and data recovery, and I just so happened to stumble on rstudio while looking up how to recover my corrupted sd card files.
tha
I'm currently using the Mac demo version, and I've successfully scanned my sd. Problem is that my files (.jpg) are found in a folder, "$Root00004" and it's marked with an X along with the actual files I'm trying to recover. The files are in the right format. Under recovery chances, some files say "Undetermined (Unfragmented)" while others say "Above Average (Fragmented)". When I try to preview, it comes up blank.

See the attachments below for reference.

Please help me, the photos I'm trying to recover are very important to me. Thank you.

Can you tell us how the files were lost in the first place? What happend to them or the card?